cheltenham-general-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 21,486 reviews Write a review

Cheltenham General Hospital

Sandford Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England, GL53 7AN

11th July 2018

I am really unhappy with the way my appointment went yesterday. This was our 12 week scan for our first baby and instead of being a special occasion, it was anything but. I arrived 15 minutes early, checked in at reception and was then kept waiting for 40 minutes after my appointment was due. In considerable need of the bathroom 15 minutes after my appointed time, I asked how long it would be, I was told not long and that they were running a bit late. 40 minutes after the allotted time, now in tears of agony with my full bladder (which I emptied a little on and off as instructed, but not too much so as to be able to image the baby properly) I sent my husband to the desk to find out what was going on - we had been forgotten! I was furious and in so much pain. We eventually went in for the scan, the staff were clearly flustered because of the state I was in. They started and stopped the scan 3 times to make me go and empty my bladder, as it was too full to do the scan properly and now very hard to empty as it was almost too full. It was not great having our first glimpses of the baby being on and off. We did get to see the baby move, but were not given an estimated due date, and the whole thing felt rushed and stressful. We were not asked to pay for the photos, which was kind, but once out of the scanning room, we were again forgotten when waiting for blood test! This is not acceptable and I do not feel meets the standards I expect from the NHS at all. I would like to be contacted about this, as we received a small apology from the scanning staff, but nothing else. I would like an explanation as to how this can happen as I really don't want it to happen again. I was hoping to feel reassured and relaxed after the scan, and I don't.

27th February 2018

Treated by Chedworth Suite staff like a difficult patient when asking for something that is different from their normal practice and routine. Their response is to firstly simply disregard the patient and then, when that doesn't work, suggest all kinds of dire consequences if the patient does not wish to comply with what the staff want. If you want to be alternately ignored and bullied, this is the perfect place for you. Also, not given analgesia on the ward prior to being taken for treatment, resulting in severe pain during the procedure. There is a marked difference in attitude when certain staff members are leading the team and perhaps this is something that management should monitor. People who were caring and competent became petty and vindictive when a particular staff nurse took the lead.

22nd November 2017

Can't praise the A and E Department in College Road enough. The service was splendid and everyone was fantastic and thorough.

29th August 2017

I am currently in the Acute Care Unit C. I've been here for four days now and on a daily basis I am being told I'm moving to a ward (Cardio). On a daily basis, I'm not. I tried to tell the nurses of my concern but they keep interrupting and won't listen. Admittedly I raised my voice and apologised for doing so, but that was the only way I can get my concerns heard. I have been in another ward within the same hospital and the attitude and care of the nursing staff there is a world apart; I couldn't fault them. I appreciate things go wrong and things doesn't go to plan, but I suggest they keep the patients in the loop. Patients do understand when things go wrong, but when promises are made and doesn't materialise and then given no explanation, patients get stressed unnecessarily.

25th August 2017
Written by a family member

Cant thank the wonderful staff enough for the wonderful care they gave to my husband on his 12 day stay. They were kind and polite and nothing was to much trouble. He was treated with dignity at all times. Our love to you all from mr mrs johncock . xx