cheltenham-general-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 21,483 reviews Write a review

Cheltenham General Hospital

Sandford Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England, GL53 7AN

29th August 2017

I am currently in the Acute Care Unit C. I've been here for four days now and on a daily basis I am being told I'm moving to a ward (Cardio). On a daily basis, I'm not. I tried to tell the nurses of my concern but they keep interrupting and won't listen. Admittedly I raised my voice and apologised for doing so, but that was the only way I can get my concerns heard. I have been in another ward within the same hospital and the attitude and care of the nursing staff there is a world apart; I couldn't fault them. I appreciate things go wrong and things doesn't go to plan, but I suggest they keep the patients in the loop. Patients do understand when things go wrong, but when promises are made and doesn't materialise and then given no explanation, patients get stressed unnecessarily.

25th August 2017
Written by a family member

Cant thank the wonderful staff enough for the wonderful care they gave to my husband on his 12 day stay. They were kind and polite and nothing was to much trouble. He was treated with dignity at all times. Our love to you all from mr mrs johncock . xx

7th August 2017

On the morning of my operation I was admitted to the Pre-Operation area. Staff were very kind/helpful and explained all procedures before an during administration. The anaesthetis was particularly good/sensitive; she thoroughly explained and discussed various pain treatments with me. She also reassured my wife and son. I was subsequently admitted to Bibury Ward following the removal of a kidney. The staff were always friendly, helpful and professional. For example, when my wife rang the ward to see if I had been transferred from Recovery; the nurse phoned Recovery to ascertain a time for the transfer and allowed her and my son to visit during, and for a few minutes after, visiting times. My release from hospital was discussed with me in detail; an occupational therapist visited me in the ward and discussed with me aids I might find useful - these were subsequently delivered to the ward. I found all staff in the hospital helpful; it was not always easy to find your way around the hospital and staff frequently stopped to offer help; volunteer helpers were also always situated near the main entrance which was most useful. A minor suggestion: by the Reception area a noticeboard contains details of how patients/family members, etc can complain. It might also be useful if information about how to praise, say thank you was also provided!

13th April 2017

11th March 2017

My treatment and care was good, however, due to what appeared to be staff shortages there were delays in certain activities. I was bed bound and needed to drink copious amounts of water, which resulted in me needing to urinate into bottles for measurement. I needed to constantly ring my bell for more water and to empty my bottles. My call was often not answered, which resulted in some difficulty.