BMI The Shelburne Hospital

Queen Alexandra Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England, HP11 2TR

6th August 2018

The receptionist was nice enough, gave me a card to review them with and sent me through to the free tea and coffee. My appointment was over half an hour late, which I never mind if it means they are giving someone the care they need, but then the consultant was obviously trying to get home on time by glossing over my appointment and getting me in and out asap. May as well been at an NHS appointment, hurried through and disinterested - exactly what I was paying to avoid. Nurse at the desk only spoke to shove another review card in my hand (and pen, to make sure I did it on the spot!) Have had excellent experiences at the nearby Chiltern Hospital in the past, won’t be back to the Shelbourne in future.

9th February 2017

Left for over 5 hours in a room on my own - not even checked on - waiting for surgery. I asked numerous times when my surgery was scheduled and was repeatedly told "don't know". This is simply not true and if I am last on the schedule, I have to accept that and should be told (rather than left in limbo for so many stressful hours). Likewise at 8am I asked if I could keep my own clothes on until nearer the time of my theatre slot and was told no and rushed into my gown and paper pants as I "might be called on any second". I could have had the dignity of my own clothes and been warned when one or two patients before me went to surgery that I needed to change. I was rushed into the gown and underwear in order that the staff could freely ignore me for the rest of the day. I have stayed at the BMI Chiltern hospital a few times before and being a BMI hospital was expecting a similar level of respect and care at the Shelburne. How wrong was I? All wards have a theatre list in advance and while of course they cannot give times they can say that you are 7th, 10th or last on a theatre list of how ever many. Lying to me (when nervous anyway) is not the way to treat a patient. I should be given the dignity of a little honesty. Appalling!

17th November 2016

My husband recently has a knee replacement - the staff were excellent from the minute we arrived to the time we left.

29th September 2016

I cannot praise all the staff enough for my care and attention during my operation and recovery. From all the nurses,reception,cleaning staff,catering to the security staff everyone has been so polite,caring ,helpful and always smiling. Well done!!!

24th January 2016

I had excellent care at the Shelburne, the staff were very caring & professional. I would definitely want to be treated there again if necessary. My outpatient appointments were at the Chiltern, which were excellent too. So much so that I have applied to work there, as I wish to be part of the team.

{{category}} working at BMI The Shelburne Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review BMI The Shelburne Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3rf