BMI The Runnymede Hospital

Guildford Road, Ottershaw, Chertsey, Surrey England, KT16 0RQ

15th April 2019

I have had several operations at the Runnymede, Chertsey and I can`t fault the care, treatment, and attention I received.

4th April 2019

I had a really hit and miss experience at the runneymeade. Some of the nurses were incredible - kind, patient and thoughtful. My consultant surgeon was also excellent. However, I did experience horrible behaviours e.g. just before I was out to sleep, the anaesthetist's assistant told me they were removing my ovaries (something we had not agreed) and was very snappy and defensive when I said that this was not the case. It is incredibly traumatic to be told your ovaries are being removed just before you're being put to sleep when you are a 28 year old female- even though fortunately this was not the case. Then, after surgery in recovery, I was experiencing huge amounts of pain. It took an hour to get me the right relief, during which time I was snappily told to stop crying and calm down. During the night I had my legs attached to a machine and so couldn't get up on my own, when I asked to be taken to the bathroom I was walked to the loo with the door left open and light off. I asked for the door to be shut and the nurse closednthe door and then left me in the dark. She left me so I had to make my own way back to bed. With some of the nurses, I felt I had to ask for everything - e.g. I had a long loose cable in my canular and nobody taped it down even though it was causing discomfort until I asked in the middle of the night. Even though I pre ordered food, it never arrived so I always had to chase. The water in my room was never re filled or checked so I became extremely dehydrated. When I requested more pain relief, I was asked sassily if I had a low pain threshold. Some of the nurses were truly excellent - but on the whole I found the whole experience quite distressing.

12th March 2019

A really lovely hospital. I found the staff to all be friendly and easily approachable.

22nd January 2019

The whole process of booking the procedure, Outpatients appointments, X-rays and Physiotherapy was dealt with swiftly and efficiently.

10th January 2019

I was unimpressed with the BMI Runnymede Hospital. Parking is always a problem. Reception staff not welcoming. Reception Area generally tired needing better layout and a division between Nurses Station and patients. As an in-patient, nursing staff were quick to attend me when called but I was aware that they were not necessarily knowledgeable when it came to dressings and direction. Food was bad. Both food and beverages inadequate, not appetising, menu restricted, service personnel dim witted and better crockery needed, for starters. All staff were otherwise occupied when it came to my discharge, dressings, instructions and Physio because "there were 20+ patients incoming". A shambles really and I am sad that it does not back up the expertise of the Consultants.

{{category}} working at BMI The Runnymede Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review BMI The Runnymede Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3rc