BMI The Runnymede Hospital

Guildford Road, Ottershaw, Chertsey, Surrey England, KT16 0RQ

24th May 2019

All concerned with my surgery were extremely friendly and caring. I often had trouble parking through lack of spaces, so if that is the only improvement I would suggest.

15th May 2019

I was very satisfied with my treatment at the Runnymede

24th April 2019

Very efficient. I was just a day patient and they could not have been better in looking after me and making me feel relaxed and in good hands.

15th April 2019

I have had several operations at the Runnymede, Chertsey and I can`t fault the care, treatment, and attention I received.

4th April 2019

I had a really hit and miss experience at the runneymeade. Some of the nurses were incredible - kind, patient and thoughtful. My consultant surgeon was also excellent. However, I did experience horrible behaviours e.g. just before I was out to sleep, the anaesthetist's assistant told me they were removing my ovaries (something we had not agreed) and was very snappy and defensive when I said that this was not the case. It is incredibly traumatic to be told your ovaries are being removed just before you're being put to sleep when you are a 28 year old female- even though fortunately this was not the case. Then, after surgery in recovery, I was experiencing huge amounts of pain. It took an hour to get me the right relief, during which time I was snappily told to stop crying and calm down. During the night I had my legs attached to a machine and so couldn't get up on my own, when I asked to be taken to the bathroom I was walked to the loo with the door left open and light off. I asked for the door to be shut and the nurse closednthe door and then left me in the dark. She left me so I had to make my own way back to bed. With some of the nurses, I felt I had to ask for everything - e.g. I had a long loose cable in my canular and nobody taped it down even though it was causing discomfort until I asked in the middle of the night. Even though I pre ordered food, it never arrived so I always had to chase. The water in my room was never re filled or checked so I became extremely dehydrated. When I requested more pain relief, I was asked sassily if I had a low pain threshold. Some of the nurses were truly excellent - but on the whole I found the whole experience quite distressing.

{{category}} working at BMI The Runnymede Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review BMI The Runnymede Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3rc