BMI The London Independent Hospital

1 Beaumont Square, Stepney Green, London, England, E1 4NL

13th August 2017

I came for day surgery and my experience was awful. They put me on sleep without telling me so I woke up panicked and confused, they then immediately gave me morphine without asking if I asking it I wanted it explaining the side effects. When I went back to the ward feeling incredibly ill and confused I tried to get to sleep but couldnt because of a few members of staff having a loud shouting conversation next to my cubicle about a recent management restructure which they weren't happy with and I now know all the details of. This went on for an hour then they got called away and I fell asleep for a solid five minutes before I was woken up and told I had to walk to the toilet so the could discharge me. I have a problem with my ear which causes me to lose balance and this was triggered by the surgery so I was in a lot of pain, very confused and feeling incredibly nauseous. I had to have help getting to the toilet as I was so unsteady and the nurse then left me there and went back to the nurses station. I was actually quite frightened at the point as I felt I was going to fall and staggered back to my bed holding onto trolleys and rails as I walked - bearing in mind I walked past the station and they all just watched me with no offer to help. At this point I started vomiting and was given a bowl but no water and then left again. I was then told I was being discharged - I asked for a stick or crutch as I had no balance and was told no because the consultant, who I hadn't seen since before the surgery, said I didn't need one. I tried to explain my ear problem - through he sickness and nausea, and Was shouted and spoken over by the most condescending and rude man I have ever met. He started to lean on to my face and tell me if I had problems I should have said before but the consultants had said I'd be fine so I was fine. At the point I started to cry (which being English - I don't think I've ever done in public in my life). this was probably the most awful part of this whole ordeal as i couldn't walk, think clearly , articulate myself or sit up without feeling like I was going to vomit. A group of staff simply looked on without doing anything to help - it was only when a very kind porter walked past and heard what was going on and went and got me a crutch that I felt safe to leave - which actually, i didn't. I wasn't explained anything about the healing process, follow up appointments, the dressings, what I could do and when after the surgery or actually anything at all. I was literally given painkillers and pushed out because they were closing and obviously wanted me gone. When I got home I checked the notes they left me with and they said that I represented 0 on the pain chart, wasn't nauseous and could walk with no problems - not only was of this true I was never once asked. I could have been suffering with any number of serious side effects and they would not only have not know they wouldn't have listened had I told them. The care at this hospital was nothing short of appalling - I am refusing to go back for my follow up appointment And will take care of it through my gp because I do my trust that team to actually do their jobs and make sure I am recovering properly which is incredibly disconcerting considering I trusted them to perform the surgery on the first place. And to top it all off - no one actually told me what they had done in the surgery.

11th August 2017

All the staff were kind, knowledgable and friendly. The only thing i would have liked is if the venflon could have been taken out earlier.

15th July 2017

please save yourself and go to NHS, all you will get is lazy staff some ill trained junior nurses who fail to find vain, eventually doctor called out who found vain and left needle inside me without a block means i end up seeing pool of blood under me. after cleaning me there was no bed sheet available, so slept on blood drenched sheet. how is it acceptable to have cardiac nurse who doesn't know how to do ECG and keep attaching electrode on wrong side of chest, how would you trust on hospital where ECG machine stops working and staff slap it to make it work ? no heater and A/C after hours of complains a portable heater was given. come to food, as i was in the operation theater under anesthesia, its my fault to book dinner with catering. but full cost of meal was taken. RIPOFF. 4 tablets clopidogrel cost 40 pound, outside the hospital 2.00 RIPOFF and cost of X Rays ...... please stay away its scary, if something goes wrong you are on your own

27th June 2017

I chose this hospital due to it's location. It was a very clean, efficient and a friendly hospital. I must say that my Nurse was amazing. She was open and friendly and was just great. I was in for a hysterectomy and she made my stay feel controlled and safe. Not sure I can say names but she was Irish and amazing. The other members of staff were great too. Catering staff were friendly but the food was a bit limiting given my allergies. My room was large and spacious and I had a great view of trees. Always a plus.

27th February 2017

The day nurses on the daily wards are outstanding