BMI The Kings Oak Hospital

Chase Farm (North Side), The Ridgeway, Enfield, Middlesex England, EN2 8SD

16th April 2018

I cannot fault my treatment under Dr Liasis and the staff at The Cavell and The Kings Oak. I had had an ongoing problem with a bad cyst on my back for some time. I'd undergone an emergency incise and drain which went badly, followed by an Op a few months after which again didn't go well. I was then referred by my GP and given the choice of a number of hospitals. My first choice was actually Chase Farm as I'd had treatment there for various ailments over the years, including a couple of serious operations, but the waiting time for a first consultation was 9-12 months. Although it was technically a minor ailment, I really needed the cyst removed as it was causing me a lot of problems and I'd had an open wound on my back for nearly 6 months. I chose The Cavell purely because it was fairly local and I'd been before when it was The Nuffield. After all is said and done, 3 months down the line from my first consultation with Dr. Liasis, I'm fully healed after a successful operation to finally remove it. I understood everything that was going to happen and so can honestly say with every confidence that I made the right choice. The staff at The Kings Oak were brilliant. I was treated with respect throughout my whole time there which is actually a very big thing when you are nervous about having an operation. Dr Liasis's post-Op care was excellent too. From past experience you are usually discharged to the care of your local GP, whereas I had two more follow up consultations with Dr Liasis so he could assess my progress and ensure that I was healing properly. I can't thank him enough, as this was the bane of my life for nearly 9 months and it's finally over.