BMI The Hampshire Clinic

Basing Road, Old Basing, Basingstoke, Hampshire England, RG24 7AL

26th August 2021

I felt safe and totally well cared for by all the staff following my surgery. Everyone was warm and friendly. Level of care and attention was outstanding. Out patients after care was excellent. Setting was nice and rural. Very COVID aware safe and clean. Food was great too!

16th May 2021

Had cataract surgery with massive problems of dysphotopsia and posterior vitreous detachment in this hospital. I would not recommend this hospital or surgeon to anyone. Normal safety procedures were not followed during the rushed surgery. I was not anaesthetised in the theatre, no preparations had been made for a chair for me to sit on to have my eye marked for the toric lens, instead I had to perch on a very high stool where I feared I would fall off backwards; I was not given a signal to ask the surgeon to stop operating and so could not tell them that I felt as though they were burning a hole in the side of my eye with the pain; there was only one lens in the room instead of two; the lens did not open out properly so the surgeon pushed it flat into my eye with his finger; the lens has a significant crack in it. My reporting of pain during surgery was met with ridicule and my huge difficulties with dysphotopsia were dismissed with a sneer and a shrug that this condition is so rare that surgeons do not bother to learn about it. A YAG procedure caused a very symptomatic posterior vitreous detachment that needed a vitrectomy after 13 months of hell so that I could drive safely. After cataract surgery I was left with 6/60 vision in my non-operated eye and totally unable to use my vision in the operated eye. I was a danger to myself and to others but the hospital would not address my difficulties and told me I was being unrealistic in my expectations. This is unacceptable especially as the surgeon kept telling me I would have no problems when I repeatedly asked for information on the problems caused by cataract surgery prior to the botched operation. The surgeons and the hospital take no responsibility or care for patients who have post-operative problems. It is just a money-making system with no concern for patient safety, health or outcomes.

16th April 2021

I have had the pleasure of having a half knee replacement 10 days ago. I have absolute confidence in recommending this hospital for anyone considering a similar operation. From the consultant surgeon, nursing staff, catering staff to the people who clean up for everyone I have nothing but admiration for their skills and dedication. It seems such a sad unnecessary criticism, especially in this day and age, the hospital / Medical facility, whatever you want to call it has the worst WiFi (absolutely free mind you) system I have come across since the 1990s. Don't bring your check book, it won't help. Sad really. Bring a book, a real one Harry Baker

Safe

{{category}} working at BMI The Hampshire Clinic ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review BMI The Hampshire Clinic: http://iwgc.net/eb3qu