BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Mill Lane, Cheadle, Cheshire, England, SK8 2PX

21st February 2017

Poor aftercare and appallingly bad customer care. I had flexor tendon surgery on my thumb on the 28th Dec 2016, I cannot fault the surgeon and their team, they were excellent. I had a general anaesthetic and the aftercare was poor, the nurse did not respond to my calls and my room was not private as they repeatedly left the door open. I was self-paying. In error, the Alexandra have billed me for a 12 day stay when my daycare was 5/6 hours, for this they are charging me £4,968! I have spent the last 6 weeks trying to retrieve more than £1,000 of the £4,000 that I paid upfront. The financial department (when they answer the phone) seem so inept and say they will call back and don't. In frustration I have written to the executive director who replied on the 10th Jan that they would look into it and contact me within 20 working days, that deadline has passed and I still have heard nothing. Even my surgeon's secretary has emailed them. The whole experience has been stressful, i would never recommend this hospital.

13th February 2017

Every location you go in whether it be the lovely Concierge outside to the main reception to the Xray department and the physio department and even in the lift when you meet other staff, you are treated as if you were a family member never mind a guest or a patient. They are all so friendly. This is exactly what you need

2nd February 2017

I received excellent care from everyone involved ,from entry to exit and ongoing care following my discharge . Thankyou .

30th January 2017

I was an inpatient for three days undergoing cosmetic surgery earlier this month. The staff were friendly and helpful. Nursing staff acted in a professional manner and swiftly called for medical assistance which arrived promply when a problem arose. Prior to discharge I was provided will full information regarding post op care and follow up appointments. I would feel confident to undergo treatment again at this hospital.

29th January 2017

A fantastic hospital. All the staff I met were brilliant and very professional. My visit was very pleasant and I would be more than happy to return here should I have to.