BMI Ross Hall Hospital

221 Crookston Road, Glasgow, Scotland, G52 3NQ

21st March 2020

I was sent to Ross Hall for a cosmetic mastopexy. I was shocked at the brilliant aftercare I received from the nurses on the ward, in my recovery. Every single nurse on my ward was a complete and utter credit to Ross Hall and the hospital should be so proud of these kind hearted Individuals working especially in this difficult period. (COVID-19) The nurses on the night shift were real life angels and tended to my every need so kindly and with such compassion. It was my first ever general anaesthetic and my first over night stay at hospital and I am only 20 years old, so understandably was very nervous. Every single nurse treated me just like my mum would and I’m so greatful for them as they made my experience safe and reassured. P.s brilliant biscuits- I think I tried every kind as the nurses bought me them throughout the night when I had trouble sleeping. I was struggling to sleep and one of the nurses said I couldn’t take any sleeping aid but she popped off and came back with a cup of hot chocolate for me, to help me sleep. You can tell these women truly love their job and caring for others. The porters were absolutely lovely as were the operation staff. Can’t fault the hospital, what a brilliant experience. X P

21st February 2020

I was sent to Ross Hall for a muscle biopsy. After the pre-op I was contacted by a member of staff and told that the operation had been cancelled as I had a heart blockage and I had to contact my GP to arrange a heart trace. This was so unprofessional, surely my GP or the Consultant who referred me should have been contacted in the first instance. This misdiagnosis led to a whole raft of tests all of which did not highlight an issue. After a CT scan it was confirmed that there were definitely no blockages just a little furring of an artery. The biopsy was arranged through the NHS and done under local anaesthetic which Ross Hall would not do. This delay resulted in my missing the opportunity to be involved in a pilot programme offering possible treatment for Sporadic Inclusion Body Mysitis. I am now left to wait 2 years until results of the pilot programme are known.

22nd January 2020

I was referred to Rosshall by NHS for my prolapse surgery. I want to express my thanks and appreciation for the wonderful treatment and care I received following my recent surgery. My consultant Mr. Andrew Paterson spoke with clarity and explained everything. I knew I was in safe hands. Thanks to the operating theatre staff and their post operation support. The entire ward staff who made my stay comfortable with their kind and caring attention. Also thanks to Lynn Moffat my physiotherapist who gave me the support and encouragement I needed to take my first steps on the road to my rehabilitation. I would recommend this hospital and consultant Mr. Andrew Paterson.

6th January 2020

Nursing and other auxiliary staff were excellent Surgeon was excellent very disappointed in Anaesthetist - poor communications ie what and when things would happen

30th October 2019

Left Lanark this morning at 7-45 to make sure I would be on time for my 10-10 appointment with Dr Hay, having been texted to remind me that if I did not turn up I would be charged. Dr Hay did not appear and I had to leave for other city appointments. No phone call of apology or to rearrange a new time. Very very poor service!!!

25th September 2019

I had a tummy tuck , liposuction and muscle repair done by the very nice Mr Nassan and I couldn't have been in better hands, everything went well with no complications and my tummy looks fantastic! I felt I was in good hands as soon as I walked in the door. Not a fan of the call centre ,when I took the first initial step, I gave them the dates I wanted my operation done and they sent me to a surgeon that was on holiday at the dates I gave them! Not to worry though because they sorted it out and I was lucky enough to get Mr Nassan ( so glad that happened!) Would recommend Ross hall to anyone considering surgery.

19th September 2019

I had to wait three weeks for an initial consultation, ten days for a scan and eight weeks for the results. Like a previous reviewer the consultant was polite but dismissive and started dictating his notes before I had even left the room. Twice I have been told he would call me back and he never has. He told me two weeks ago that he would refer me to a pain management colleague as there was no surgical procedure for my condition but I have heard nothing. That’s more than three months from my initial consultation with still no treatment plan. I feel very badly let down by this hospital.

22nd August 2019

I had my Historectomy in Rosshall. The surgeon Mr Patterson was a true gentle man. The whole of the staff on the ward were outstanding, couldn't have asked for better care and attention. Would certainly recommend Rosshall.

{{category}} working at BMI Ross Hall Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review BMI Ross Hall Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3qg