BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital

Harvey Road, Guildford, Surrey, England, GU1 3LX

1st March 2019

Judged on its medical care Mount Alvernia would score 5 stars across the board. I couldn't have asked for better. However, my room was shabby with peeling paint and a dingy. The bathroom was so small that it felt as though one was in a cupboard. The food was disgusting. I asked for boiled eggs for breakfast and they came with black rings around the yolk and they were rock hard. The ham sandwich I ordered with English mustard was equally uninspiring. I must say though, that the hot chocolate and the black coffee was brilliant. Pre my stay the only thing that my pre-hospital written info. seemed to be concerned with was methods and time of payment. I paid nearly £3,500 for a two day stay. For that amount of money I expect a far higher standard of decor and catering. Go to the Nuffield everytime. The cost is the same but you will enjoy the highest non medical care and the same level of medical care as at Mount Alvernia.

28th September 2018

Overall satisfaction is great. A few member of the hospital could have been more friendly and professional. I was welcomed first by a young receptionist yawning and carers at the gastroenterology unit were perceived to be doing this for a long time so not delivering prompt checks and service.

3rd April 2018

I had a sleeve gastrostomy in Nov 17 at the Mount Alvernia Hospital in Guildford. The consultation with My Javed Sultan was explained in detail and was direct and to the point, just what I needed to hear. The surgery was planned, with dieticians appointments and pre-surgery procedures carried out on time and without fuss. My operation was carried out professionally by Mr Sultan and his full team without any complications. The after care over the four days I spent in hospital was as described with the attention to detail second to none. The medical staff, physiotherapists, pharmacists and nurses treated me with dignity and patience throughout my stay and this approach was carried even carried through to the cleaners. My after care and recovery process has been the same professional approach with regular consultations, physiotherapy appointments and contact by all involved. Great service from a great team. Thank you for making me healthier and six stones lighter.

4th August 2017

Excellent service. No problems. Very caring staff

25th March 2017

Having just spent 3 days having a total hip replacement at this hospital the only word is EXCELLENT! from the moment of my first appointment to the operation the staff were professional and caring and at no point did I feel I was never the center of their attention. You were all great and I just cannot thank you all enough Brilliant, First class, Excellent Thank you all again Ron Wakeford

{{category}} working at BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4lk