Share review of BMI Goring Hall Hospital

Share this review publicly on Twitter

Share this review with your friends on Facebook

Share this review with an individual via email

12th January 2020

The standard of professionalism at Goring Hall was fine, but in comparison, I did feel more like 'a number' than in the NHS (Sussex Eye Hospital) a week earlier - with the exception of the anaesthetist Dr David Uncles who was very caring and genuine. When my bandages dripped some blood onto the floor post-op, the nurse joked about how much blood some patients drip after similar operations and how stressed out they get (as if it was amusing). I generally have a pretty stoic outer but on reflection that comment could have been distressing for some people in the way it was delivered. Of course in the grand scheme of things it was a tiny amount of blood, and for a nurse, nothing to worry about, but when you've just come out of surgery and the blood is already seeping through your bandages it can seem a bigger deal than it might be medically. Nobody offered to help me get to the reception area to meet my friend coming to pick me up, I put trousers on and limped out there myself. Again it wasn't a serious operation, but I did feel a bit like it was an atmosphere of "thanks, bye, right who's next."