Birmingham Heartlands Hospital

Bordesley Green East, Birmingham, England, B9 5SS

29th November 2018

I had a Gastroscopy at Heartlands hospital. The care, kindness, and professionalism shown to me was exceptional. The staff were working in less than ideal conditions i.e in a Portacabin. Well done, !!

11th November 2018

My mother was admitted into Heartland on 3rd November 2018. She has Alzheimer's and has lived in a Care Home for coming up to ten years. I was told she has a gastrointestinal bleed and pneumonia. Due to her condition I do not believe she could make an informed choice. As the hospital has been unable to gain her consent for treatment I would assume they would agree. Therefore I can not understand how they can allow her not to eat telling my father she is making a choice not to eat. She has now been in the hospital for a week and has not been fed. They didn't even to make any attempts until my father pressured them. My father is Next of Kin and has Power of Attorney. The staff appear to not want to communicate with regards, to my mother and the issues around her care. I wonder if the hospitals treatment would improve if she was able to speak or discuss here treatment. This disability is terrible and the way she is treated by the medical profession and this hospital in my opinion provides my mother with no caring or compassion. The hospital has not demonstrated to me or my family the duty of care and the decisions have certainly not been in her best interest. I have witness during my short time in this hospital the way their staff treat their patients, I would never wish to become dependent on this organisation as my mother has done.

30th October 2018

Have a very bad experience at Ashen ward in maternity

21st October 2018

All the staff we encountered on my wife’s c-section birth were absolutely amazing. She was treated and looked after with exceptional care whilst our new born son, who had a short stay in critical care was looked after superbly well. All the staff across all wards were fantastic and we cannot thank them enough.

30th August 2018

Thanks

{{category}} working at Birmingham Heartlands Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Birmingham Heartlands Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3pd