Bedford Hospital

Kempston Road, Bedford, England, MK42 9DJ

23rd December 2017

This hospital SHUT BE DOWN IMMEDIATLEY. I was taken to A&E with a ruptured disk and other injuries to the back. I was in terrible pain and unable to move. I was admitted to the ward and remained there for a week. The nurses don't care and are rude, the doctors are totally absent and the general cleanliness is appalling. There is no patient care whatsoever. One is treated with no respect of humanity. I could write so many appalling stories that happened to me or other patients but it would be too long. I was moved three times in one week. On the second day I was taken for an MRI scan. Considering I could not move I asked the nurses to help pull me up. They refused saying that they could get injured if they tried to pull me up. Disgusting behaviour. The last ward I was in was called the Whitbread ward. There were 5 other patients all over 75. One night one of them was buzzing for help and shouting in pain. Nobody came. Eventually after 45 minutes I pressed my buzzer and started shouting for help too so that this man could be looked at. A nurse finally came and I told her to go and check on the other patient. She was annoyed that I had done this. It turns out that the patient had a big problem with his catheter and was in terrible pain. THIS PLACE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN IMMEDIATELY.

28th January 2016

I visit bedford hospital very regularly an have done for past eight years. As an outpatient for bloods and also see Dr Rory Harvey regularly, I have no qualms in recommending this hospital. I am taken care of very well an grateful for all of my ongoing care

22nd June 2015

Had to visit the A&E and in and out very quickly and professionally

Efficiency

Caring

Nursing staff

27th March 2013

They were nice pleasant as alwaysi was in and out in about 70 mins great.

Efficiency

Caring

Nursing staff

26th March 2013

My wife's operation went fine. However, its clear that this hospital is struggling to make ends meet. Its moth-eaten at the edges. A great pity because the great staff are clearly in danger of becoming demoralised by less than excellent resources to do their job. Some equipment didn't work.