Share review of Ashford Hospital

Share this review publicly on Twitter

Share this review with your friends on Facebook

Share this review with an individual via email

27th April 2020

I am very new to using physiotherapy. However, my left knee was giving me trouble. For sometime I had been walking up and downstairs one step at a time because I was scared of twisting the knee and making it more painful. My doctor referred me to the physiotherapist and I saw Becky Smith on 10th March. I was with her for about 30 minutes during which she was very professional and organised. She gave me a list of exercises for knee strengthening and encouraged me to start using stairs in the normal way. Since seeing Becky I have been doing the exercises on most days and have being using stairs properly. I only walk a step at a time if I am carrying stuff as my balance is sometimes shaky. Altogether I feel much better and my knee has improved. Becky put my name down to attend the Monday sessions at Ashford Hospital but the Covid-19 lockdown has made this impossible at the moment but I am hoping I will eventually be able to participate in those. The two telephone appointments I had with Connie on 23rd March and Becky on 17th April were informative, encouraging and very helpful. Altogether I am very impressed with the service.

Care Plan