Albyn Hospital

21-24 Albyn Place, Aberdeen, Scotland, AB10 1RW

16th December 2021

I would give zero stars if I could. My daughter had the misfortune to have surgery with Mr Tadros, almost THREE years ago! During that time she had developed a lump the size of a lime - he asked that she had a biopsy taken so he could see if it was due to his surgery or not, she ended up actually have two biopsies taken (Both by a BMI Doctor!), both confirmed the lump was from his surgery. Still he is refusing to accept that and now wants my daughter to have a THIRD biopsy! Hi arrogance, rudeness and dismissal of my daughter's concerns have been horrendous. The hospital have stood by him, despite his own colleague confirming the lump is from his surgery, she is in pain all of the time and as a 20 year old, this journey with Amir Tadros has been a nightmare. They will take your money, tell you what they want you to know, but if anything goes wrong they circle the wagons, do everything they can to avoid accepting responsibility, including telling her its her fault for gaining weight (a lump the size of a lime...in her breast!?), that she should understand better because she works in health-care - yes she does, she is a Mid-wife and knows how to treat people with empathy and dignity!). To summarise, my daughter has had to live with this lump, waiting for the results of TWO biopsies (anyone who has been through this horrific ordeal will understand how harrowing that can be), now he wants to send her for a THIRD biopsy, because he does not want to remove the lump!!. Just as an add in here, we were actually seen by an NHS consultant who has agreed the lump should be removed!, confirmed it was due to his surgery (as per biopsies) and they will do the surgery in two weeks! Mr Tadros admits the surgery did not go as he had hoped and did agree to a slight redo..but every time we asked for the costs to sent to us so we could see what BMI were going to charge US for their surgeon's redo, all barriers and hurdles were put in front of us. Final point, my daughter was young when she underwent this surgery for tuberous breast, just turned 18 - at every turn of the way, since things went wrong, Mr Tadros has tried to stop me being involved and instead would rather speak to her on her own, this is how he refers to me when I challenged him over the way he treated her during the last consultation (2nd of December and he still refuses to send us his record of that consultation where he tells her basically he does not want to do anything at all.) rather than reply to my email, he ccd me in and replied to the QUALITY Manger who was with him during the consultation, citing - "I deem Megan to be a fully competent adult currently working in a healthcare setting. To avoid further confusion, I will be addressing Megan directly in future rather than liaise through a third party who not present in the consultation." A third party - this is how he refers to me, because he knows had I been there, he would not have been allowed to bully my daughter to tears, made her feel it is her fault..and demanded a third biopsy! after telling her the lump is the size of a lime!" I have a lot more information and would be happy to share it with anyone considering surgery with BMI and Amir Tadros.

5th December 2021

This is by far the worst private hospital I have visited- not because of its care staff but its administration is dreadful. I am still waiting to receive 5 callbacks which I was promised. I have asked for but been refused sight of the invoice for my care as this was an insurance claim, albeit I was the patient.

27th October 2021

Recently went in for a laproscopic cholecystectomy (keyhole removal of my gallbladder). The whole experience was first class. Excellent surgeon, excellent anaesthetist and excellent overall care. The ward staff were brilliant - highly professional, considerate and friendly. The same goes for the catering team and the lovely men who took me to theatre. This was the first time I had been in hospital so I was very nervous / anxious and everyone looked after me and I felt totally safe.

14th September 2021

To start with found the receptionist quite unhelpful, it was like she couldn't be bothered. Had to go back to see her to arrange a telephone appointment and felt once again that it was such a nuisance. Expected more from the person I saw, I had more or less the same examination that my own doctor gave me. The only difference was I was given a diagnosis and said I would be given some medication to try for a month . These turned out to be the same I had from my own doctor before. To have the prescription I had to take a hand written note to my Doctor and it was not even put into an envelope. I was very disappointed considering the cost ,as I expected more . I have to say I felt that my treatment with the NHS was more courteous and helpful even with its shortcomings.

Safe

{{category}} working at Albyn Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Albyn Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3pu