Albyn Hospital

21-24 Albyn Place, Aberdeen, Scotland, AB10 1RW

Written by a private patient
4th November 2022

I had the misfortune of placing my trust in Albyn Hospital for what should have been a straightforward Orthopaedic surgery (total hip replacement). Following post-operative complications, my Consultant Mr Ashcroft repeatedly disregarded my concerns, despite the fact I was in more pain than was normal and walking with a significant limp many months down the line. Fast forward 18 months, I required a second surgery to repair my torn glute muscle (which Mr Ashcroft had failed to pick up on, despite concerns from my own GP & Physiotherapist). This resulted in a third referral back to an NHS Consultant for an expert opinion and a potential corrective surgery. Not what you expect when you've paid in excess of £30,000 for private treatment. Throughout this extremely stressful period (almost 3 years!) I have continuously had to chase reports, appointments, updates and results from the administration team at Albyn and the Consultant Mr Ashcroft. There seems to be a distinct lack of communication and responsibility within the team at Albyn which negatively impacted on my outcome, the timeliness of follow-up surgeries and my overall care experience. I would urge patients considering treatment here to look elsewhere for your Orthopaedic surgeries.

Safe
Written by
23rd September 2022

Went in to Albyn for cataract surgery which was no problem, the consultant, nurses and other staff were very nice but when it comes to aftercare, forget it. It seems like once they get your money thats it, cheerio. On some of the paperwork i got home with me there is a mention of, if you think you have a problem with your eyes, in my case floaters, phone immediately as it can be something serious ie damaged retina. There is a 24hr contact number for enquiries with a nurse allegedly, but when i phoned (3 times) i was always put through to the switchboard where i was asked what i was phoning about and my contact details and was told that someone would phone me back, no i am still waiting. So i have went from being told something might be seriously wrong with my eyes to explaining my personal circumstances to a switchboard operator? who may or may not have passed on my details to a third party but nothing has been forwarded to me. Absolutel disgraceful service for a private hospital.

Safe

{{category}} working at Albyn Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Albyn Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3pu