Wye Surgery

67 Oxenturn Road, Wye, Ashford, Kent, TN25 5AY

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

22nd May 2019

It is totally impossible to get an appointment, calling at 10.30 for a non urgent appt I’m told there are no appts available and I have to call at 8 the following morning, along with everyone else in the world. Surely by keeping maybe one afternoon a week for non urgent appointments would mean that the stress of having to call at 8 is removed, thereby freeing this time up for urgent appts, also meaning that those of us on a school run stand half a chance of getting an appt and then being able to talk to a doctor without half the playground hearing. I think that this service really fails its patients.

16th May 2019

I recently contacted the surgery and had some blood tests to monitor a long term condition. When the results were back I was asked to contact the surgery to discuss them with a doctor. As the surgery would not make a face to face appointment, I had to wait for the doctor to call me by telephone. When she did so, she did not know why she had called me, so was not able to discuss my case. The surgery makes it almost impossible to see a doctor and wants to do everything by telephone or via 'ask my GP'. They seem to think this is progress and using IT for the benefit of patients, but it seems to me that they are just trying to avoid helping anyone.

18th March 2019

Every single time I contact this surgery they seem to find ways of avoiding making an appointment. The askmy GP service refuses to arrange a call back. They refuse to make an appointment outside their MSK system and refuse then to make one a month ahead because their MSK clinics are full until then. Why can I not arrange a callback for tomorrow if they are full up today?

15th March 2019

I recently needed to ask advice regarding something that is in my family history. I have an elderly father who has terminal prostate cancer, I used the ask my gp service, and received a very fast and informative response from Doctor Lazz, who explained about the PSA blood test. Dr. Lazz requested the PSA blood test, thyroid and diabetes, as well as a testosterone blood test. The doctor noted that I hadn't had these blood tests since 2016. I felt immediately very relieved and supported, as I do live with a chronic health condition. Having made an appointment for the blood tests, I waited for the results which were negative. I called reception to ask if the receptionist would ask Dr. Lazz if I still needed a further examination, I was booked in for a telephone call. I received a telephone call from Dr. Lazz the following day, and we discussed my blood results which were excellent for my age group. I felt very relieved and supported by Doctor Lazz, who as a precaution has booked me in for a routine Prostate examination- that way, things can be ruled out. I have been supported by others GP's in the practise over the years, and given a lot of help from Dr. Dibiassio when I was first diagnosed with my health condition. I am very impressed with the ask my gp service. I was given a reply very quickly. The help and advice I have received from Doctor Lazz and over the years from the practise has been second to none, so I would like to say how grateful I am for the support and help. It means I can get on with my life. I do take care, I don't drink or smoke, but knowing that there are trained physicians and help, an email query or call away is very reassuring.

5th March 2019

I have a long standing health condition and although I am under care of consultant at hospital, it was Dr Lazz that picked up on my blood being very low in potassium and arranged for me to go straight to hospital. After a brief stay, I was discharged home with some medications to take. I then saw Dr Raj and explained to him that I was having problems with the medication and that I had used a different one years ago. He couldn’t find that one, so I left resigned to the fact that I would have to take the horrid medication. However, I was delighted when later, Dr Rak phoned me to say he had located the medicine that I had used in the past and that this would be available for me to collect at local pharmacy. I felt this was superb treatment and restored my faith in the NHS having had quite a negatitive experience at William Harvey Hospital

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

{{category}} working at Wye Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Wye Surgery: http://iwgc.net/ecdny