Wye Surgery

67 Oxenturn Road, Wye, Ashford, Kent, TN25 5AY

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

18th March 2019

Every single time I contact this surgery they seem to find ways of avoiding making an appointment. The askmy GP service refuses to arrange a call back. They refuse to make an appointment outside their MSK system and refuse then to make one a month ahead because their MSK clinics are full until then. Why can I not arrange a callback for tomorrow if they are full up today?

15th March 2019

I recently needed to ask advice regarding something that is in my family history. I have an elderly father who has terminal prostate cancer, I used the ask my gp service, and received a very fast and informative response from Doctor Lazz, who explained about the PSA blood test. Dr. Lazz requested the PSA blood test, thyroid and diabetes, as well as a testosterone blood test. The doctor noted that I hadn't had these blood tests since 2016. I felt immediately very relieved and supported, as I do live with a chronic health condition. Having made an appointment for the blood tests, I waited for the results which were negative. I called reception to ask if the receptionist would ask Dr. Lazz if I still needed a further examination, I was booked in for a telephone call. I received a telephone call from Dr. Lazz the following day, and we discussed my blood results which were excellent for my age group. I felt very relieved and supported by Doctor Lazz, who as a precaution has booked me in for a routine Prostate examination- that way, things can be ruled out. I have been supported by others GP's in the practise over the years, and given a lot of help from Dr. Dibiassio when I was first diagnosed with my health condition. I am very impressed with the ask my gp service. I was given a reply very quickly. The help and advice I have received from Doctor Lazz and over the years from the practise has been second to none, so I would like to say how grateful I am for the support and help. It means I can get on with my life. I do take care, I don't drink or smoke, but knowing that there are trained physicians and help, an email query or call away is very reassuring.

5th March 2019

I have a long standing health condition and although I am under care of consultant at hospital, it was Dr Lazz that picked up on my blood being very low in potassium and arranged for me to go straight to hospital. After a brief stay, I was discharged home with some medications to take. I then saw Dr Raj and explained to him that I was having problems with the medication and that I had used a different one years ago. He couldn’t find that one, so I left resigned to the fact that I would have to take the horrid medication. However, I was delighted when later, Dr Rak phoned me to say he had located the medicine that I had used in the past and that this would be available for me to collect at local pharmacy. I felt this was superb treatment and restored my faith in the NHS having had quite a negatitive experience at William Harvey Hospital

11th November 2018

As someone who works in healthcare, your call back system makes it almost impossible for me to make arrangements to see a doctor at your practice. How am I to discuss my own medical condition when I receive a call from a GP whilst treating a patient myself? This has been a longstanding problem, which nobody seems to care about whenever I bring it up at the surgery....receptionists are unwilling/unable to help. Now we have a new repeat prescription service. I needed to order repeat script for items related to my 2 medical conditions.....they are not pharmaceuticals....’you need to have a consultation with a GP to get these added to your file,” was the response from the surgery. (It will be a dark day in hell by the time I ever get one of those! I can only take a call if I am at home, ill). Given they had all been listed on the old system I suggested that the surgery simply transfer all the details over to the new system.....after much negativity in this regard, I eventually got a voicemail saying my GP had added these items onto my file. Great, I thought! Now tonight when I go to order these essential items.....THEY ARE NOT LISTED! How this practice received glowing praise from CQC beggars belief!

7th October 2018

I telephoned the surgery at about 8.40am on a Monday for an urgent appointment. I was promised a call back and this happened within 5 mins! I was then offered an appointment 65 mins later. One I attended the surgery, I logged in on the screen and the doctor came into the waiting room asking for me just as I had sat down. Excellent service! I was also able to make 2 other appointments there and then for a follow treatment and a flu jab.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

{{category}} working at Wye Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Wye Surgery: http://iwgc.net/ecdny