Wincobank Medical Centre

205 Tyler Street, Sheffield, England, S9 1DJ 1 2 3 4 5 192 reviews

25th January 2020

Some receptionists go above and beyond to help, others believe they are medical professionals. All doctors are welcoming, accommodating and knowledgeable. One of the best groups of doctors and nurse ancillary staff encountered. For exceptional and personal service Dr Maher is outstanding. Recalls history and prior conversation exceptionally, cares and ensures and absolute thorough examination with immediate assistance, ongoing care recommendations and provision of information without pressure and accepting of personal lifestyle choices. Dr Maher is for me the new Dr Field.

4th November 2019

Appointments are not always easy to get, however in the few occasions I've not managed to get one they have squeezed me in for a telephone consultation with a GP, who has either prescribed via phone or asked me to come in to see them later in the day. Maggie is the best receptionist by far, has a lovely friendly persona and will always help you wherever she can.... the others perhaps need to follow by Maggie's example? Nurses can be abrupt and the couple I've seen are keen to shut you down or make you feel like your concerns are trivial. I was concerned when the fantastic Dr Field retired, however I needn't be as I now see Dr Mcmillan who is brilliant, one of a kind. My appointments with him never feel rushed and he seems to genuinely care about your wellbeing, I'm truly hoping he stays at Wincobank Medical Centre for a long long time!

4th September 2019

In July I was admitted to hospital, the doctor in A & E said I was very poorly. My leg is still not right and I had concerns on Monday. I called first thing, surprise surprise at 11 minutes past 8, no appointments left. I ended up accepting an appointment at the Flowers Health Centre at 6.45. People on reception how strange, got in to see the doctor. He could not access my medical records at my own surgery re my condition that I was admitted to the hospital with. He had to access the hospitals own records. So peed off with this surgery, why go to another surgery when they cant see your medical records absolutely pointless. Definitely need to change surgeries.

Rating not given.
28th June 2019

I love my dr and equally Maggie on reception. Highly recommend

7th May 2019

The expertise and professionalism to identify a serious medical condition has probably saved my daughter's life twice. In the 25 years that my family have been attending this surgery, the care has always been impeccable. We are so very grateful that the team are willing to prioritise when they accurately assess that time is of the essence. If we have to wait a short while for a routine, none life threatening appointment, then we accept this in the belief that someone else's needs are possibly greater than ours at that time. The GPs and their team care. We trust them. Thank you sincerely.

Wincobank Medical Centre was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Short link to review Wincobank Medical Centre: http://iwgc.net/eccru