University Of Sussex Health Centre

Health Centre, Falmer, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 9RW

18th January 2018

Saw a nurse initially who then referred me to a doctor for a same-day visit. The doctor saw me within 10 minutes of waiting. Nurse and doctor both very friendly and helpful, though I feel the nurse-led appointment style isn't ideal for all issues.

12th February 2018
Response from University Of Sussex Health Centre

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your comments. If you would like to discuss anything further, please email one of our team – admin.unimed@nhs.net

2nd January 2018

The fact it is nurse led slows down the process of receiving care. You should be able to see a doctor when you need to and not have to have 2 initial appointments which are time consuming and more stress. If after the doctors appointment you need to be referred to something else and wait for test results etc. (I had to wait 3 weeks from my nurse appointment to get the results of a blood test in order to afterwards book a doctors appointment when I'd been unwell for 2 months prior already having been not listened to and told by a nurse to just drink more water at previous appointment). It can be months before you even get a diagnosis let alone treatment as every step of the way has a waiting list and by that time you're in a worse state or got better on your own having had a worse quality of life within that period. Right now I feel I need to see a doctor and I don't have the stamina to have to get seen by a nurse, tell them things that's difficult to talk about for them to see it fit for me to book an appointment with a doctor where I'll have to go through the process again. I'm aware this isn't the fault of individuals working at the practice and is a result of nhs budget cuts, but being nurse led is making problems worse.

8th January 2018
Response from University Of Sussex Health Centre

Thank you for your feedback. We take your comments seriously and strive to provide the best care we can at all times. If you would like to discuss anything further with the Practice Manager, please do not hesitate to email us at – admin.unimed@nhs.net and mark it for the attention of the Practice Manager.

18th December 2017

With professional staff, excellent nurses and genuinely friendly doctors this practice offers an exceptional service from booking and reception to consultation and follow-up. Waiting times have always been ludicrously short compared to many other practices I have visited and in the two cases that a nurse has referred me on to a doctor the wait between consultations was less than 5 minutes. I have never felt rushed and I appreciate the time taken to listen to my concerns along with the considered and well explained responses. Thanks for everything!

8th January 2018
Response from University Of Sussex Health Centre

Thank you for taking the time to send us feedback

15th December 2017

The best I have been to. All staff so friendly, caring and helpful.

8th January 2018
Response from University Of Sussex Health Centre

Thank you for taking the time to send us feedback

26th November 2017