Tilehurst Village Surgery

92 Westwood Road, Tilehurst, Reading, England, RG31 5PP

Also known as: Chancellor House

21st September 2017

Have been with this surgery for about 20 years now, rarely visited but as I am getting older I have had more issues and have found it slightly disappointing. Drs Pizura and Underwood are fabulous but others I have seen recently have been less than interested. Barely looking at you and simply completing records. In addition the appointments system is incredibly frustrating. Trying to get an appt is impossible if you have to work and are not able to a) get through at 8.00am or b) be able to keep ringing. I was told at one point to turn up at the door as there was a better chance. As it happened, I did get an appt but there were about 6 people waiting - what bout those people who weren't able to get to the surgery at that time?

8th April 2017

Great and through treatment. Dr listens and gives ─úreat advice

27th February 2017

After a six minute wait for the phone to be answered, II was told that the earliest non urgent appointment was three weeks hence, despite being asked by the doctor two weeks ago to return in two weeks. Clearly this surgery is unable to cope.

27th February 2017
Response from Tilehurst Village Surgery

We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the level of service from Tilehurst Village Surgery. Calling first thing in the morning is a busy time. We have recently put a voice message 'attendant' system in place that we would have hoped should have advised you to call back a little later for non urgent appointments; the wait hopefully would not have been so long. For those people trying to get through for urgent requirements we are aiming to increase our morning staffing levels. Sadly our pre bookable appointments are at a three week wait (unless cancellations occur), we would advise anybody advised by a Dr to make a return visit to book on their departure to avoid this eventuality. We welcome your feedback and can ensure you we are working hard to increase our appointment availability. Whilst the issue with appointments is a regional issue we would hope to be able to offer a better service here. Practice Manager

8th June 2016

Very good service.

11th December 2015

Awful surgery. My mum ended up in intensive care with sepsis as she was continually fobbed off by the doctors here. The night before she was admitted a doctor came to the house and didn't even check her over, just gave Her a prescription for oral antibiotics! Less than 24 hours later she was taken straight to resuss in a&e with severe kidney infection and blood poisoning. I almost lost her. Since then I have lost all faith in Tilehurst Village Surgery. Used to have decent doctors, seems they have all been replaced with ones who don't have a clue. The one I have seen on the past 3 occasions literally sits and googles everything I tell her then prints it off gives it to me and sends me on my way! Today I called them as I have been very sick and suffering headaches at 30 weeks pregnant and they wouldn't fit me in even though those are signs of pre eclampsia. I wS told a doctor would call me back. Still waiting for that call and it's 7pm! This surgery is apauling I can't wait to move house so I never have to see them again, it scares me that my mum has to rely on such incompetent doctors. Avoid at all costs!!!