Tilehurst Village Surgery

92 Westwood Road, Tilehurst, Reading, England, RG31 5PP

Also known as: Chancellor House

« 1 2 3 4 »

6th June 2018

Rang before 10:00 and was given a pm appointment same day with no questions as to why etc. Consultation happened on time. Dr was thorough, asked questions, wrote prescription and discussed follow up including a call to me in two days time. All very pleasant and professional.

24th April 2018

Once you have attained the Holy Grail of an appointment you are well treated but boy, you're sure made to jump through hoops to get one. Despite A&E advising I get a Doctor's appointment for an unrelated condition and despite physically visiting the surgery to book one, I still had to endure the telephone reception torture next morning. This involves repeated attempts to an engaged line, no ring back service here, and eventually the line opens and you think Hooray! but no. It's now the fun starts. A voice message warns you that surgery staff will not tolerate abuse and the phone will be put down if you do. Why? Has their system upset others before me or is it an excuse? Eventually a human appears on the line and now you have to share your symptoms with a formidable gateway, untrained in medicine but the sole arbiter of whether your ailment is serious enough to see her boss. In my case, I was fobbed off with a call back as one doctor had pulled a sucker. Said call back eventually arrived and after passing a second oral diagnosis, by a Doctor this time, I am actually going to see one tonight. Hopefully, he can provide the service for which the NHS is often praised

21st September 2017

Have been with this surgery for about 20 years now, rarely visited but as I am getting older I have had more issues and have found it slightly disappointing. Drs Pizura and Underwood are fabulous but others I have seen recently have been less than interested. Barely looking at you and simply completing records. In addition the appointments system is incredibly frustrating. Trying to get an appt is impossible if you have to work and are not able to a) get through at 8.00am or b) be able to keep ringing. I was told at one point to turn up at the door as there was a better chance. As it happened, I did get an appt but there were about 6 people waiting - what bout those people who weren't able to get to the surgery at that time?

8th April 2017

Great and through treatment. Dr listens and gives ─úreat advice

27th February 2017

After a six minute wait for the phone to be answered, II was told that the earliest non urgent appointment was three weeks hence, despite being asked by the doctor two weeks ago to return in two weeks. Clearly this surgery is unable to cope.

27th February 2017
Response from Tilehurst Village Surgery

We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the level of service from Tilehurst Village Surgery. Calling first thing in the morning is a busy time. We have recently put a voice message 'attendant' system in place that we would have hoped should have advised you to call back a little later for non urgent appointments; the wait hopefully would not have been so long. For those people trying to get through for urgent requirements we are aiming to increase our morning staffing levels. Sadly our pre bookable appointments are at a three week wait (unless cancellations occur), we would advise anybody advised by a Dr to make a return visit to book on their departure to avoid this eventuality. We welcome your feedback and can ensure you we are working hard to increase our appointment availability. Whilst the issue with appointments is a regional issue we would hope to be able to offer a better service here. Practice Manager

« 1 2 3 4 »