Tilehurst Village Surgery

Also known as: Chancellor House

8th June 2016

Very good service.

11th December 2015

Awful surgery. My mum ended up in intensive care with sepsis as she was continually fobbed off by the doctors here. The night before she was admitted a doctor came to the house and didn't even check her over, just gave Her a prescription for oral antibiotics! Less than 24 hours later she was taken straight to resuss in a&e with severe kidney infection and blood poisoning. I almost lost her. Since then I have lost all faith in Tilehurst Village Surgery. Used to have decent doctors, seems they have all been replaced with ones who don't have a clue. The one I have seen on the past 3 occasions literally sits and googles everything I tell her then prints it off gives it to me and sends me on my way! Today I called them as I have been very sick and suffering headaches at 30 weeks pregnant and they wouldn't fit me in even though those are signs of pre eclampsia. I wS told a doctor would call me back. Still waiting for that call and it's 7pm! This surgery is apauling I can't wait to move house so I never have to see them again, it scares me that my mum has to rely on such incompetent doctors. Avoid at all costs!!!

4th August 2015

I am British and have recently returned to the UK after having lived abroad for many years. I heard so many awful stories about the state of the NHS that I just presumed any experience with healthcare here would be a bad one. On the advice of my Niece who is a patient of Tilehurst Village Surgery I registered with them. I was not surprised but honestly amazed at how professional, well organised and helpful every one is at the surgery. That is the whole group of people who work there. The Doctors, the Nurses and the Reception personnel. They are an absolute credit to themselves and their profession. The Doctors are open minded and caring but honest at the same time and give excellent advice. The nurses are great, totally efficient and kind. The Reception staff make every effort to accommodate the appointments we require. They even leave space for urgent patients most days. Personally I ask for an advanced appointment, book able in advance. Which is a good system and I am happy to wait a few days if necessary as I'm sure there must be many more urgent cases than myself. In this way we are able to actually request the Doctor we feel most comfortable with Also the surgery leave certain free apppommemts in the morning for more urgent cases which is very logical. The whole system that they use is inspiring and efficient and very well organised. Also their system of prescribing prescriptions on line works so well. You can request your prescriptions to be sent to Triangle Pharmacy where it is easy to pick them up from without having to go to the surgery twice. I honestly rate this surgery 10/10!!! Congratulations to all who work there for doing such a great job. Kind regards, Karen Schiabello

23rd February 2015

Dr Pizura is a really good doctor, who, despite being very busy cares, explores what might be behind the symptoms, and refers on when required. All this is undertaken with a good dose of common sense and good judgement, giving patients credit for having the ability to use whatever good sense and judgement they have. I feel as though I am involved in the decisions made for my health. All the staff try hard to help patients in spite of being a terribly busy surgery, sadly losing good promising doctors is still a difficulty here as in many practices.

5th February 2015

I managed to get an appointment within hours and the receptionists were very warm friendly and helpful.