Tickhill Surgery

25 St Mary's Road, Tickhill, Doncaster, England, DN11 9NA 1 2 3 4 5 14 reviews

28th November 2019

I normally have a good experience from seeing g. P at this practice but on this occasion the g. P - whom I had not seen before, but she is a regular doctor at this practice, was at the beginning of the appointment very curt and abrasive, I was experiencing a fair degree of pain at the time and did not appreciate the challenging and somewhat aggressive nature of the g. P. The g. P eventually seemed to have a change of attitude and made a referral to the relevant service for me. When my physio and this particular injury has recovered I will certainly be changing gps

25th September 2019

Unable to get appointments within a 2 week period. Ear syringe wasn’t available due to broken equipment . 3 months later, it still isn’t fixed. Unable to have an appointment at the sister surgery as they are full for next 3 weeks and receptionist unable to access appointments after this. Was told to google to find out how to treat my blocked ears.

17th July 2019

I phoned the practice on Monday suffering from vertigo. The receptionist was really helpful, messaging one of the new GPs to see if he could do the Epley manoeuvre as Dr Pande was fully booked. The GP got back to her straight away and she booked me the next available appointment with him. I saw Dr Ozcelik today and he could not have been kinder, showing me a video of the procedure first before carrying it out. I am very grateful.

23rd October 2018

Appointment system is awful. Can't get an appt on phone for Dr only nurse practooner if lucky. Had to stand in cold for half hour to book an appt for that day in person l. Got an appt but was 2nd in queue but still half way through the day. Luckily I was off but I work fulltime and any other time I dint have the time to keep ringing up and you cant go in and ask for an appt for dr for a different day. It says there's high demand at the moment but I don't go to the surgery on a regular basis and I've seen no difference. I was annoyed at what I witnessed at harworth surgery the partnership surgery with tickhill, askijng patients where they would like to harworth or tickhill? Surely this should be the surgery where you live first until those appts are taken before handing out appts at another surgery. No wonder you can't get appts. And what about those that can't drive have no one to take them or walk well?!

24th February 2018

Absolutely ridiculous appointment system, suitable only for people with nothing to do all day. You can’t pre-book appointments, only phone on the day after 08:30 or show up on the day after 08:30, neither of which are guaranteed to get you an appointment. I’m at work at 08:30, 30 miles away so if I am fortunate enough to get through before all of the appointments are gone I have to drive back 30 miles any maybe back to work again 30 miles. Am I expected to not go to work just in case I can get an appointment?. Also, on the last two appointments I did manage to get (only after asking for details of complaints procedure) the doctor didn’t even have the decency to see me at the appointed time even though I was the first appointment on one occasion (20 minute late) and the second on the other (30 minutes late) and I know for a fact that on the second occasion the doctor didn’t even arrive until five minutes after my appointment time.

{{category}} working at Tickhill Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Tickhill Surgery: http://iwgc.net/eb9cb