The Strand Practice

2 The Strand, Goring-by-Sea, Worthing, W SussexEngland, BN12 6DN

30th August 2018

Recently my wife has seen 3 different doctors and had two different doctors on the phone.you cannot book a advance appointment,and when 1st in the telephone queue all the appointments have gone, if urgent can see a triage.each doctor gave different advice.although I am on line you still cannot get an appointment for about 3 weeks.Why have all the appointments gone with the regular doctors. What is the point of having your own nominated doctor? I can’t comment of the last question. Ie comment on the list of doctors, because you hardly ever see them.

22nd March 2019
Response from The Strand Practice

Dear patient, we are very sorry to hear of the challenges you and other patients have faced when trying to access an appointment at the Strand. We have recently changed our access process and hopefully the next time you call us you will notice a difference. In summary, the reception team are able to book routine appointments 3 to 4 weeks in advance, and urgent on the day matters are dealt with by our duty team (GP and Advance Nurse Practitioner). It is also hoped that this new approach will also reduce the wait time on the telephone, granted 50 lines is quite a large number, however this was based on patient feedback i.e. patients would rather be in a queue than repeatedly getting an engaged tone, and competing with others to speak to the team. Once again we are sorry that your last experience was far from desirable, we certainly hope that our improvements have now made accessing the surgery easier.

Rating not given.

4th January 2016

The appointment system is all wrong. On numerous occasions (more than I can recall!)I have spent at least 20-30mns hanging on the phone, from 8 am on the dot before getting through, only to be told there were no appointment available on the day, neither with the doctor of my choice or any other, unless it was an emergency. I do NEED to see my doctor for a follow-up but not as an emergency. This has been going for the last 6 months and there has been a steady deterioration in the state of my health. How do I get to see my doctor?

20th August 2015

It is impossible to get an appointment at this surgery. the system is a TOTAL shambles. Telephone at any time of day and all appointments have 'gone'. Patients are told to telephone at 08.00 (shows 08.30 on the web-site). I 'phoned at 08.00 and was (believe it or not) number 56 in a queue. If you wait half an hour (at your expense - you are paying for their incompetence) you will find that all appointments have gone. The practice seems to have no business sense. If demand exceeds supply you simply increase supply. Health is often a matter that can wait. They will tell you about time wasted by missed patient appointments but you will find no information about the patient time wasted by waiting on telephones forever or by late running by doctors. It's not rocket science to properly manage workload. The clinics work well and for example 'flu jab sessions are efficient but everything pales into significance compared with the CHRONIC appointments system. The surgery needs a pro-actiuve cure to this problem not the apparent current lethargy. There is something fundamentally wrong here.

9th May 2015

I had an appointment with the nurse and she was fantastic, very helpful, knowledgeable and lovely. Thank you

{{category}} working at The Strand Practice ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Strand Practice: http://iwgc.net/eb633