The St Lawrence Surgery

79 St Lawrence Avenue, Worthing, W Sussex, England, BN14 7JL

Also known as: St Lawrence Surgery

12th September 2018

Saturdays the phones are not open and patients are seen for pre-booked appointments only. I rang only to be told by automated message that the surgery was closed. I had an infected scratch on my leg, acquired while gardening the previous evening, probably after the surgery closed, and when it became clear on Saturday morning that I needed antibiotics, I had to go down to A&E to get them after a 2 hour wait, whereas this could doubtless have been dealt with more quickly and effectively by your practitioners. Your website implies that it was not an option for me just to pop in on Saturday morning without an appointment made on a weekday, which clearly was not possible in this case. I just raise this as a 'loophole' in the practice's service. Otherwise an excellent practice.

15th June 2018

I met with Dr Joseph Evans for the first time and he couldn't have been more helpful. I had spoken to him previously when he had called me to check how I was and if I had any questions following the result of my routine mammogram which had identified that I had breast cancer. His thoughtfulness made me feel that I would be supported should I have any concerns. His approach was such that I felt that decisions we made were shared ones and I was clear about what steps to take in relation the changes discussed and agreed upon. I really appreciated his support.

12th June 2018

Thank you to Dr Bird for spotting the seriousness of my condition and for getting me to hospital so quickly. You saved my bacon - still poorly but in the right place. Thank you to Carolyn & Dr English for prompt triage, and receptionists for making sure my car isn’t towed away,

29th March 2018

Doctor Sarah McGuire de waxed both my ears today. What a pleasant lady. She managed to put me completely at ease with her bedside manner. Just wanted to say well done and thankyou very much. My hearing is a lot better now. Sheila Richards.

2nd February 2018

I think I must write to share the outstanding service I have received from two of the doctors at St Lawrence surgery. Dr Marion English and Dr Purvish Patel. I had reason to consult them recently about a worrying condition I had. They listened carefully to my concerns at both consultations, examined me thoroughly and did various tests before seeking advice from Worthing Hospital following my most recent consultation. A scan was immediately arranged for first thing the next day (A Saturday morning) and so my diagnostic journey began. The point I want to make is that despite the huge pressure on the surgery, as is the case for all surgeries and hospitals in the country, I was given the time needed to explore my situation thoroughly, was treated with respect and invited to share in decision-making about my health. I will be eternally grateful to them both.

5th February 2018
Response from The St Lawrence Surgery

Thank you so much for taking the time to feed back, we are so grateful to you for this and we will ensure that Dr English and Dr Patel see this review, its always so uplifting to receive such positive feed back. Very best of luck with your journey going forward and hope you are on the road to full recovery. Josiane Wadey, Practice Manager