The Spinney Medical Centre

23 Whittle Street, St Helens, Merseyside, England, WA10 3EB

4th September 2015

17th December 2013

I have been a patient at this surgery for the past 4 years, having changed after a house move. The surgery had been recommended to me by a friend, who had previously worked with one of the GP's here. In the past at my old surgery, I hated seeing certain doctors, especially locum GP's. Quite often, I avoided going to see my GP because I felt like I was fobbed off with tablets every time I went, and that I hadn't really been listened to. I have to say I have not once had an experience like this at the Spinney. I have never seen a GP here who has been rude, unfriendly, dismissive, uncaring, unprofessional etc. The GP's I have seen have always been extremely thorough in their investigations. They listen, they care, they don't rush me, they are polite and friendly. The reception staff are just as good as the GP's - always friendly and happy to help in any way they can. Not to mention the 2 practice nurses who give it their all and are so passionate about their jobs. ALL the staff in this surgery have looked after me so well over the past 4 years with a variety of chronic conditions. I am no longer afraid of seeing the GP and am able to seek help/support from them when I need it, rather than letting a problem persist until I can no longer bear it!