The Rowans Surgery

The Rowans Surgery, 1 Windermere Road, Streatham, London, SW16 5HF

12th November 2019

Been a long time since I've needed to use the surgery and if anything it's got worse. Nine calls and then a half hour wait on the phone before I got to speak to a receptionist (who was lovely). Promised callback eventually came (after I chased) late in the day. A person who failed to give a name barely listened to me, kept asking me to talk more slowly cos he couldn't type fast enough to keep up, missed any sense of what I was telling him, said I needed to come in but offered me an appointment in under an hour - so I could not get back from work in time. Then said he could not give me an appointment for the next day - meaning the whole palaver starts again the next day. Shambolic and rude.

31st July 2019

Shocking lack of care here. Wait weeks to speak to a doc on the phone, then told to come in for an appointment. No appointments available. Not one. And no idea when one may become available. The worst surgery I have ever had the misfortune to use. The phone is never answered. They have no idea about anyone with special needs. No consistency in care. They ignored my written complaint. And I'm still waiting for the manager to call me back. Ironically I was discharged from the hospital into the "care" of my GP. The care is non-existant. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

12th March 2019

Shocking service which has gone on the 7-8 years I've lived close by. Receptionist simply put the phone down when politely trying to make an appoint. I got sent to a local hospital to give a sample and was given a pot to provide it in. I arrived with sample in hand to a closed department that no longer provided that service - absolutely no coordination with other supporting NHS facilities locally. Numerous times you wait on 30-45 on hold, if you get through you get offered appoints in 3-6 weeks time unless urgent, where you get offered a call back. I believe this surgery is staffed by temporary/agency GPs as no two appointments have I seen the same person and may explain some of the coordination issues. Just unbelievable that NHS facility can be ran so badly.

{{category}} working at The Rowans Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Rowans Surgery: http://iwgc.net/ejhsi