The Portmill Surgery

114 Queen Street, Hitchin, Herts, England, SG4 9TH

28th March 2019

Have not been able to get an appointment for over two weeks. Ring them and they don’t have any, I had enough and started crying and they magically had one. I have sat in the waiting groom before for 1 hour + but I was 10 minutes late as I am a care worker. I was turned away, I asked to speak to the supervisor who was rude and unhelpful as reception said they couldn’t fit me in untill next week. I then explained my situation to the supervisor who then suggested I wasn’t being truthful with facial gestures. After all this she magically makes an appointment the next day. The reception is terrible and the phoning in system is not efficient. People who would crazy hours and long hours can’t call at 8 and 2 don’t get an appointment.

21st July 2018

Trying to get an appointment with my preferred GP is not easy as many are part time. Appointments online are very limited and making a phone call is time consuming and frustrating. Usually by the time I eventually get answered by a receptionist there is not one available. Nurses at the surgery are very knowledgeable and kind but I am unable to book an appointment with one online. I have been a patient at Portmill for more than 25years and have received excellent help, but find that nowadays the administration is poor.

2nd May 2018

I am dismayed by the treatment I received from my Dr, most of my family have died from cancer, my mother and younger brother within the last 3 years, therefore I am high risk for cancer. In October 2016 I went to the Dr complaining of stomach pains and loss of Appetite, these symptoms would last about a week. I didn't see my own Dr, however Gall stones were suspected and she sent me for an ultra sound which was negative . The ultra sound found no evidence of Gall stones but the attacks continued. I went back to the surgery and saw my own Dr who told me there was nothing wrong . A couple of months later I turned yellow and itched terribly, the Dr then sent me for blood tests and a CT scan, it showed I had Pancreatic cancer, hoping for a potentially life saving major operation , I had further tests that showed a spread to one of my lungs, ruling out surgery . I am on palliative chemo now with no cure.

18th October 2016

For the past two years, my husband and I have had cause to see doctors regularly at this surgery and local and London hospitals. We have nothing but praise for the surgery and everyone who works there. We have had thorough consultations with a variety of doctors who have liaised with all other health professionals and with quick responses. The nurses also have provided daily treatment on several occasions. The receptionists are helpful, polite and cheerful and display empathy and understanding. Thank you all who work there.

16th March 2016

I have only good to say about this surgery apart from trying to get an appointment by phone. You can never get through and when you do all appointments are gone . I usually go in personally early in the morning if I ever need to see a GP. Apart from that it is excellent

{{category}} working at The Portmill Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Portmill Surgery: http://iwgc.net/eccxx