The Limes Medical Centre

65 Leicester Road, Narborough, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE19 2DU 1 2 3 4 5 8 reviews

27th December 2019

Dr Rowley was absolutely amazing in his care for my mum when she came to live with me when she was dying. Her care from the doctor and everyone at The Limes was exceptional Thankyou. We each have our own named gp, mine is Dr Ruddock and the care I receive from her for my chronic problems is 2nd to none. If I need to get in to see a dr quickly there is a duty doctor each day. I think this practice is great, I highly recommend it. The nurses, receptionists and secretaries deserve a mention too as they are always helpful Thankyou Limes Medical Centre

5th July 2015

made my comments last week about the Limes Medical Centre at Narborough but they have not been placed on screen to be read so i am writing them again. Last week i called at the medical centre to book an appointment to have a blood test done on 3rd August this year (giving 5 weeks notice about it.) The receptionist said right the week commencing the 3rd August. I said no Monday the 3rd as it is needed prior to hospital appointment the next day. I was told there is only one appointment left that day at 8am when asked if not later ones she said i can give you Friday. I said i have to have it on the Monday so I said if 8am is all there is i will take it. This incident brings me to make the following comment. When Doctor Prowse retired in January this year he wrote a letter to the Narborough Journal thanking all for their well wishes etc and that he has left the Limes in a good state with 15000 patients on their books. What may i ask is a village practice doing with 15000 patients, the size/population of Market Harborough. Its a ridiculous situation and shows the reason why no one can get appointments when they actually need it and are told there is anything from 3 to 5 weeks wait to see your own doctor if you are lucky. Yes i say, see your own doctor, not the first one that is free which ends up seeing all and sundry, and not having continuation with one particular GP. 15000 patients gives a ratio for 6 doctors i believe is the regular staff of 1 to 2500 patients and even higher when doctors are on leave, sick, elsewhere for a day or even involved in other practices. Having these problems may well be the reason why on the waiting room notice board (the lit up one) it shows how many doctors/nurses appointments have been missed for whatever month is shown. I have yet to see these figures below a 100 for doctors and also for nurses. This is probably because people are so fed up not getting an appointment when they need it that they book appointments in advance in case they need it and if they dont need the appointment dont cancel them leaving a lot of unused appointment times. A serious review of this situation is needed and the problem of the amount of patients on your books sorted. Just talking with friends and aquaintences and listening to them complaining about the same things i have put above shows that there are an awful lot of disgruntled patients on the books of The Limes Medical Centre.

9th March 2015

Receptionist was extremely unhelpful bordering on rude. I understand that she was busy, but made no attempt to be friendly and polite - when told to get a form for a prescription I found there were none left and she made me feel like it was my fault. Might I suggest that at busy times there be more than one receptionist on the desk , difficult I know. Also, to stop forms running out place a coloured card which states that the forms are getting low, say 10 from the end and get it handed in to the receptionist. I was given different advice when I rang the surgery last week to that which the unhelpful lady said today - may I suggest there are standard policies for dealing with things. Parking is becoming increasingly difficult.

15th December 2014

The care we received recently by Dr Maxsted at The Limes Narborough has been first class - professional, thorough and caring. Getting an appointment can be a little difficult but the reception staff do their absolute best when it's genuinely urgent. Wonderful medical help under a well stretched NHS. Thank you

19th November 2014

The care and advice offered by both doctors and nurses is excellent. A huge let down is the reception staff who don't seem to understand the sometimes sensitive nature of a visit to the doctors or nurse. The patient is asked to identify the nature of their visit within hearing of the next patient, and if it is not on the list of ailments, you are then asked by reception to explain what it is. This is not acceptable. The first point of contact is with reception staff that in my experience are far from helpful, and offer no assistance when making an appointment. Both my wife and I work shifts, so trying to get any help with an appointment is very difficult. Why is there a system of having to go to the surgery at 8.00am just to book an appointment, having to return an hour later to see the doctor.

{{category}} working at The Limes Medical Centre ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Limes Medical Centre: http://iwgc.net/ejnzk