The Grange Practice

The Montefiore Med Centre, Dumpton Park Drive, Ramsgate, Kent, CT11 8AD

Also known as: Dr N C Ward and Partners, Dr M E Maiden-Tilsen and Partners

14th May 2016

21st April 2016

Today when I visited the surgery to request my blood test result of HB1AC, I was told by the receptionist that I have improved. I asked for the actual figure as this is required by UCLH for my referral for Gastric Bypass and is needed before end of April 2016. The male receptionist then told me that I would need to ask my doctor. I asked if my doctor could telephone me with the result. The receptionist then told me that I would have to wait until mid May (two weeks time) as it was not classed as urgent. I asked if a different doctor could give me the result and was told NO, it has to be my own doctor. The receptionist told me I could have a copy of the result but it would cost me around £25. I am now going to make an appointment through Patient Access for an 'on the day' appointment with my doctor. This will mean taking up a 10 minute appointment just to find out a blood test result reading, when another patient with ill health will not be able to have that appointment. How is it justified to promote using up an appointment time, when a telephone call would be quicker and easier and free up appointments for people who require it more. I understand GP's are busy etc, but I am sure that putting aside maybe 30 minutes for telephoning wouldn't be too much to ask, and then tell the patient to expect a call within a certain time frame. I am a type 2 diabetic and the result I am waiting for is the HBA1C which determines when I will be able to have my operation so it is very important to receive the result. Being told that I have improved without the actual figure is disgraceful. I might have improved by a tiny amount or a vast amount...either way UCLH need the figure rather than an opinion!!!

6th April 2016

24th February 2016

My appointment with my 8 month old daughter was at 12.20pm , at 1:15pm I still was waiting and was told there was a back log even though patients were heading in before my who arrived after me I'd checked in also.

5th February 2016

Appointments made more available of you not well, you do not want to fight for an appointment at your weakest time at our age we need the support of the doctor. In 2007 the practice was great. The same cannot be said today.

{{category}} working at The Grange Practice ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Grange Practice: http://iwgc.net/ejg6j