The Family Practice

St John's Health Centre, Hermitage Road, St John's, Woking, SurreyEngland, GU21 8TD

9th May 2019

I want an 'not applicable' option for the first 2 questions with a star rating as I have not managed to get an appointment so have had no care and have not seen the surgery. I have been at this practice for 18 years and although the doctors have always been very good it is now almost impossible to get a timely appointment. I started phoning, using 2 phones, at 8:30 am (when the lines open). I finally got through, more than 150 calls later, to speak to the receptionist at 8:55 am to be told there were no appointments left but I should have phoned at 8:30 am when they did have appointments. I can not be the first person to tell this practice that I have been trying since 8:30 am to get through. This practice needs to make some kind of change in how it operates as at the moment they are wasting everyone's time - including the office staff - with the lack of appointments. I was then asked if I had heard of Livi. I explained that the issue was something that a doctor would have to see - which the receptionist agreed was the case. So a completely wasted 30 minutes.

11th February 2019

I have been a patient at this surgery for the last 26 years. I dont tend to book an appointment unless i deem the issue to be serious or ongoing however trying to get an appointment is impossible. Today i spent 15 minutes trying to get through to book an appointment and when i finally spoke to a receptionist she told me there was no appointments and i should have called at half 8. When she was told i did her response was 'its not my system.' Every single time i call or arrive for an appointment the staff at reception are incredibly rude, unhelpful, obnoxious and unapproachable. The amount of times this has been said and nothing is ever done.

12th December 2018

Receptionists try to accommodate urgent appointments. Doctors go above and beyond when caring for elderly frail patients and keep families fully informed.

18th April 2018

Dr Chris Richards and Dr Sekon are amazing if you can get an appointment. Apart from one receptionist (Jenny), the rest are incredibly unhelpful and some are very rude. I have been with this surgery for 40 years and have never known it to be so bad

1st November 2017

It feels me with great disappointment to give such an awful review but I have unfortunately received terrible care by this surgery. I have been registered here all my life and in the last couple of years I have been really struggling with a ongoing issue with my water works. Firstly an appointment is like gold dust, resulting in that I have had to pay quite a lot of money and do consultations with online doctors and paying for prescriptions as it's just near impossible to be seen by my GP. I have also had to see a private GP as i was told by a receptionist at The Family Practice at 8:35am that no appointments are available with any doctor whatsoever and was told to call again the following day at 8:30am. Today at 9am I dropped off a urine sample and handed it to a receptionist (as I was told to do by a doctor and the receptionist), I then phoned the practice at 4pm to find out my results and to get a prescription of antibiotics. But instead when I phoned them they informed me that they have misplaced my urine sample and cannot find it! By this point I was livid, this was the second time I have tried to bring in a urine sample in the space of 1 month. The first time i arrived 10 minutes too late, but by this time I had already taken antibiotics to start my treatment to recover, therefore any urine samples after taking antibiotics was now void. I was told by the receptionist that I would have to wait until the next time i get an infection to do a urine test?! But this time round they then LOST my sample and again I am back to square 1 as I have already started a treatment of antibiotics. I need to know the reason why this is occurring so often, I can't just keep taking antibiotics as I am now starting to become resitant . But as they totally made a mistake they were able to offer me several different appointment times for the following day even though this morning they had said to me that there were no appointments available with any doctor whatsoever... I would just like to add that once you do finally get seen by a Doctor that they are absolutely amazing! Massive credit to Dr Gandham & Dr Richards, they are just wonderful.

{{category}} working at The Family Practice ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Family Practice: http://iwgc.net/eb9zb