The Family Practice

St John's Health Centre, Hermitage Road, St John's, Woking, SurreyEngland, GU21 8TD

17th August 2017

Even after this practice has been put into special measures and money poured in to improve it, it remains impossible to get appointments. There are only 2 doctors available most times I've tried and they have far too many patients. The toilets are filthy too.

26th May 2017

I have been with the surgery for a long time, and although the doctors have changed over time, they are all excellent caring people. But they are under extreme pressure from the volume of patients they have to see. This results in really not enough time for each patient to ask as many questions as sometimes needed. Trying to get an appointment is almost impossible and the expected time wait is about 3 weeks. On one occasion I needed to see a doctor and was told there were no appointments and to go to the "walk in centre". Instead of my usual blood pressure check with a nurse, which I have often felt to be a rather negative experience.( mainly due to the lack of friendly conversation in order to relax you), today I saw Helen Garrood at the blood pressure clinic. It was such a positive experience. I cannot say enough about this lovely lady. She gave me time, explained everything I asked her, and gave me a lot of advice and help, and my blood pressure was good, instead of being on the high side. I just hope Helen is around at the surgery for a long time, as I feel very positive after seeing her, and I know others will feel the same.

17th May 2017

Almost everything is good about this surgery. The 'middling' score above for appointments is really a general comment about the difficulty of getting NHS appointments - I'm sure they do their best in a generally difficult situation.

11th May 2017

10th May 2017

This has been my doctors practice for 39 years and everyone has been wonderful both to me and my late husband over the years. I have a chronic condition that is monitored by Dr Richards and Dr. McKelvie and they are very caring, very thorough and reassuring. I saw Dr Richards today and he took the time to go through my health issues and put my mind at ease and resolved the problem I had. A lovely man. The practice is a busy one but they really do look after their patients and I can't thank them enough.