The Family Practice

St John's Health Centre, Hermitage Road, St John's, Woking, SurreyEngland, GU21 8TD

15th November 2019

I recognise that appoitments are hard to get at all GP practices, but the recent changes here are an abolute nightmare. I still can't figure out how to get an appointment as get different infotmation each time I try. finally got an appoitment with my regular GP (had to wait 3 weeks) and the was switched, without explnantion to someonelse. I been here for over 25 years, I would move but nowhere else seems any better sadly!

24th September 2019

Doctors have always been helpful. Receptionists are considerate and caring. Glad that recently my face-to- face appointments are requests by the GP as they are easy to get. Like the new 'Talk to a GP' service (in Canada we never saw a GP in two years as the phone calls were free but appointments you paid for). Would like to be able to book flu jab and blood tests on-line. Would prefer appointments not to be before 8.30am (leave them for people who need them early).

8th July 2019

I can never seem to get an appointment - i call at 8.30am as suggested by the receptionist - by the time i get through no appts left ! Now i would like an appt in a couple of weeks - cant get one of those either !!! My son needed a review appt for asthma review recently and as he works in London and only get his work rota one week in advance it was a nightmare trying to get an appt- made worse by the receptionist being very short and abrupt and making you feel that you shouldn't be calling for appts! We don't even see the GP that often! I am very unhappy with this service to the point I am going to try and transfer to another surgery

9th May 2019

I want an 'not applicable' option for the first 2 questions with a star rating as I have not managed to get an appointment so have had no care and have not seen the surgery. I have been at this practice for 18 years and although the doctors have always been very good it is now almost impossible to get a timely appointment. I started phoning, using 2 phones, at 8:30 am (when the lines open). I finally got through, more than 150 calls later, to speak to the receptionist at 8:55 am to be told there were no appointments left but I should have phoned at 8:30 am when they did have appointments. I can not be the first person to tell this practice that I have been trying since 8:30 am to get through. This practice needs to make some kind of change in how it operates as at the moment they are wasting everyone's time - including the office staff - with the lack of appointments. I was then asked if I had heard of Livi. I explained that the issue was something that a doctor would have to see - which the receptionist agreed was the case. So a completely wasted 30 minutes.

11th February 2019

I have been a patient at this surgery for the last 26 years. I dont tend to book an appointment unless i deem the issue to be serious or ongoing however trying to get an appointment is impossible. Today i spent 15 minutes trying to get through to book an appointment and when i finally spoke to a receptionist she told me there was no appointments and i should have called at half 8. When she was told i did her response was 'its not my system.' Every single time i call or arrive for an appointment the staff at reception are incredibly rude, unhelpful, obnoxious and unapproachable. The amount of times this has been said and nothing is ever done.

{{category}} working at The Family Practice ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Family Practice: http://iwgc.net/eb9zb