The Birdhurst Medical Practice

1 Birdhurst Avenue, South Croydon, Surrey, England, CR2 7DX

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

7th November 2017

The only thing that lets this surgery down are the reception staff! I have had more than my fair share of run ins with them but last week I was in agony with an abscess in my mouth I phoned up pleading with them for me to pick up a prescription for antibiotics I explained it was 17.30pm on a Friday and my dentist was closed until Monday and she point blank refused me to even speak to my GP on the phone and her response was that Dr Chambers won't see you for a mouth abscess I will need to go to my dentists! I explained once again that my dentist was closed and I then asked what I am supposed to do and her reply to this question was...CHANGE YOUR DENTIST! HOW dude, unhelpful and totally unprofessional can you get! Whoever you were that took that phone call from me you should be absolutely ashamed of yourself and you are a disgrace to the so called "caring medical profession!

5th October 2017

The only doctor worth seeing only works on Tuesday which is a bit rich. Reception staff are the worst, came in to get a blood test arranged by doctor and they refused to help and insisted i need an appointment to a clinic that is not stated anywhere. We have to be psychic to know that you need an appointment to a clinic that is not known to anyone but the reception staff. You can forget for proper registration tests to be conducted , they will not be bothered.

12th September 2017

I can only speak for the reception staff and my doctor always been treated well by the receptionists and my doctor camilla chambers has always listened to my concerns , she has a good sense of humour but first and foremost a good listener to my medical needs 10 out of 10 for the practise Remember we get the NHS free this surgery is one of the most caring

17th July 2017

I have to say that the practice is really uplifting! I had a viral infection and was unable to book an appointment as I was at work, so I dropped in on the off chance. As always, I was met by one of the lovely receptionists (it's amazing how much more than that they do) with the usual pleasant greeting. I explained my situation and said I was only dropping in just in case I could be seen and that I was very happy to wait (plenty of papers and magazines are always provided). The receptionist told me that she would try and get me fitted in asap. Within about 15-20 minutes, Dr. Camilla Chambers asked me to come in and I was sorted out. While waiting earlier I heard someone who had just walked in too having a go at the receptionist as they were due to go to work and couldn't wait. Obviously that impatient rude person has never heard of the amount of patients the practices have registered and just how busy they are and to them, self, self, self is all that mattered. I am sorry to disillusion them, but if they don't like it they should try elsewhere. (I came from a walk in medical centre where the wait was always at least an hour and often more). The staff, nurses and doctors at the Birdhurst Medical Practise are unfailingly Pleasant, Helpful, Efficient and Courteous even when working under those restraints....So please respect them and give them their well earned due!!!!! Charles FM Richards (Patient since circa June 2016)

28th June 2017

I took a 2 question form into the surgery and ended up with a one page letter which was not what was required by the government body concerned. It took them 8 days and is a complete waste of time. Despite sending in the form with a covering note it is obvious that the secretary or the Doctor did not read the form or my covering letter. If this is their level of dealing with paperwork I hate to think what their level of care for the actual patients is. I would not recommend this practice to any one who requires a high standard of care.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

{{category}} working at The Birdhurst Medical Practice ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Birdhurst Medical Practice: http://iwgc.net/eb8ts