The Apples Medical Centre

The Apples Medical Centre, East Mill Lane, Sherborne, Dorset, DT9 3DG

25th April 2018

I had the first appointment in the day and even then I was seen 10 minutes late despite arriving early and the doctor being in the building. The doctor seen was efficient to the point of being brusk - no faffing which was fine but little in the way of 'good bedside manner' - thankfully I didn't have anything life threatening.

30th April 2018
Response from The Apples Medical Centre

Good morning, thank you for taking the time to write your comment. I am sorry that you had this experience at The Apples Medical Centre, GPs are often contacted by patients, relatives, care homes, district nurses and other Healthcare Professionals, the surgery trys to arrange these phone calls after morning surgery but in urgent circumstances these cannot wait or your GP may have squeezed in another patient as an urgent before the start of surgery, a patient who are deemed to unwell to wait, causing the GP to run late. No clinician likes to run late, we are aware that this can cause irritation and stress to the patient, GP and the practice staff. Once again I am sorry that you had this experience at the surgery, if you would like to speak to me in person please do contact reception. Many Thanks Philippa Cannings, Practice Manager

8th January 2018

In September 2017 I experienced symptoms, which I thought might mean that I had throat cancer. My brother had had throat cancer some 10 years before. I was given an appointment to see my GP within 2 working days. He referred me to a consultant and I was seen by him at Weymouth Hospital within another 2 days. He could find nothing wrong and referred me to Dorchester Hospital for a Barium Swallow. Again 3 days later I had the Swallow and was given the all clear. From phoning the surgery to completing the treatment process took one week. The NHS at its very best! In December 2017 I was bitten by a tick and 7 days later I started to experience symptoms of Lyme Disease. I rang the surgery that morning and was seen by my GP at midday on the same day. He put me on a 12 day course of antibiotics and took blood samples. Within 3 days I started to feel better. The results of the blood tests proved negative but a further sample was taken 3 weeks after the first one, to ensure there was no Lyme infection in my system. I can not speak too highly of the Apples Surgery and the doctors and nurses who work there. They are a credit to the NHS.

9th January 2018
Response from The Apples Medical Centre

Good Morning, thank you for taking the time to review and share your experience of The Apples Medical Centre, we value all feedback and use it to improve our services. I will pass this on to the team and GPs. Kind Regards Philippa Cannings Practice Manager

7th September 2017

Getting an appointment is usually ok. If the doctors are not working to full capacity in number, the wait can be longer unless it an urgent need in which case you can see a doctor who may not be the one you usually see.

14th April 2017

Reception could/should be more welcoming. Punctuality - although I have come to expect lateness to be the norm. Had to wait a week for initial appointment.

14th April 2017