Strathesk Medical Group

The Health Centre, 109-111 High Street, Bonnyrigg, Midlothian Scotland, EH19 2ET

12th July 2019

When someone goes to the front desk the member of staff sitting there needs to bare in mind that it could be someone who struggled to get there, someone who could be really ill, someone who cares for someone and gets hardly any sleep as their day is so full of things to do. A friendly face is so important especially at a gp surgery. It takes nothing to be nice, so practice needed for the front desk. We all have stressful days but it's not the fault of the next person we see. Show some compassion.

15th February 2019

So you call up wishing for a doctor appt. To be told to try calling 830 next morning. Call next morning 832 no appts for the day, call again tomorrow! This continues for days,weeks,months, still cant get appt! Ive been waiting since last September '18 for a review appt. Still cant get seen. I wont get my regular meds until im reviewed, i cant get reviewed as i cant an appt. The cycle keeps going and my health conditions worsen! I call to be responded cheekily by an ignorant receptionist to try again tomorrow, tomorrow never comes in this place. Something serious is going to happen to a patient who gives up as they cant get seen their health deteriorates. Strathesk is the worse practice to be with. Not a nice experience with receptionists GPS rush you along...if youre lucky to get an appointment! Yet again ive called this morning 831 and no appts!!!

30th August 2018

You call from 830am ans cant get through. 851am told no appointment for that day,despite being told by physio from pain management that i need hydrocortisone to ease pain. I explained to the reception that i needed seen as was in pain. Sorry try tomorrow. I tried the whole week to not get seen.....as.....wait for it.......NO APPOINTMENTS. So now went down to surgery for 830am for doors opening. The place was empty. I asjed to be seen explained the situation. Yes we have appointments,but itll be this afternoon. Im sitting here still waiting for a call it is 1932pm ive called surgery twice to see whats happening. Im on a list and will be called.surgery is closed now so when will i be seen? Im in agony.

5th June 2018

Strathesk medical practice is a joke. I have been trying to get and appointmwnt for months but I work almost everyday and can't afford to be taking 1hour out of work every morning to try to get an appointment via phone to be told that there are none and I have to call back the next day. I have been in really bad pain and will end up having to leave my job because of the paid and the surgery won't help me. The office staff are very rude and unpleasant. This medical practice should really reconsider the way they run appointments and how they treat there patients. If I could afford to get private health care I would in a heart beat. I would not recoment this medical practice to anyone.

9th March 2018

All my experiences with this surgery have been extremely negative. It's impossible to get an appointment for anything other than a routine test or clinic (e.g. blood work, flu jab etc.). If you need an appointment you have to ring up on the day and after sitting on the phone between 8:30 and 9:00 you find out there's no appointments. You have to do the same thing every day until somehow miraculously you get one - meaning that you can't travel to work until after 9am every day, and hopefully your employer is ok with you dropping everything for an appointment with no prior notice. Reception staff are extremely unhelpful and make it obvious that they just don't care. The one nurse I have seen was rude, patronising and insensitive. I understand that the medical centre has to deal with an expanding population but at the end what use is a doctors surgery if you can't see a GP? If I could afford private healthcare i'd be there in a heartbeat, as it is i'm left with a medical issue going untreated until the day I finally get through.

{{category}} working at Strathesk Medical Group ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Strathesk Medical Group: http://iwgc.net/eb9kh