strand-medical-group
1 2 3 4 5 1,031 reviews Write a review

Strand Medical Group

Strand Medical Group, 2-6 The Strand, Goring-by-sea, West Sussex, BN12 6DN

2nd March 2015

Surgery has been in decline for a number of years, last decorated in the 90's and Doctor's have steadily disappeared from service. This morning I was number 35 in the queue, all I wanted was a referal letter from a GP so I can claim on private health - why do I need an appointment for this!? It just wastes the Doctors time and my time, plus the time off work I'll no doubt need as you can only ever get emergency appointments as all the slots go by 08:00.59AM! That said, the doctors are good once you get to see them, but you always get a different one due to the appointments situation. This can only go from really bad to worse once the new houseing estate is finished (256 new homes), plus the flats in the old Lloyds bank building (174 flats). The phone system is annoying, after holding for around 30 minutes you then have to input a numbered menu selection to a room staffed by about 2 people, and if they dont get to the phone on time your cut off - phone again, "number 8 in a queue", lovely!!!!

25th February 2015

Some of the receptionists need to be more empathetic and not so aggressive and uncaring. Better customer service at Reception when patients are waiting. Even a 'sorry to keep you waiting would be nice' Staff at the surgery need to remember that patients are their customers and pay their wages and are not an inconvenience. Receptionists are not medically qualified so shouldn't question why a patient wants to see a doctor. Better resouring of phone lines at 08:00 is required.

19th February 2015

I've been a patient for 27 years. I have always managed to see a Doctot when I've needed one, either for myself, or one of my children, but must confess that in recent times I've only managed to get an appointment by literally sitting by my computer at 07:58 waiting for the day's appointments to drop into the on-line box at 8:00. There are usually none left by 08:10 so you really have to be quick! There used to be 6 or 7 core doctors but there seems to only be 4 now, and a constant stream of locum doctors who come and go. This surgery needs to get a couple of doctors on board permanently so that patients get continuity of care. The reception staff are generally helpful and pleasant although there is one lady who's been there for years and she always comes over as gruff and very intimidating! The surgery itself is ok but is looking quite tired and could really do with sprucing up a bit. It's time some money was spent making the waiting area cleaner and more comfortable. The chairs face each other so you sit looking at other patients - I'd much prefer sitting facing the same way. One suggestion I would urge them to take up is to put a hand gel dispenser on the wall next to the self logging-in screen they have on the wall. It's so unhygienic and goodness knows how many infections and bugs are transferred from one patient to the next. If you weren't ill going in, you probably were going out! A year or so ago I did try to move to a different surgery as had noticed a decline in standards and accessibility, but couldn't as I wasn't in the catchment area. I hope that the staff get to read this and that, perhaps, things will start to improve. This surgery hasn't got a good reputation locally, I know this from talking to many friends and colleagues over the last couple of years, which is a shame really as it used to be quite highly regarded!

12th February 2015

It's virtually impossible to get an appointment, receptionist was very unhelpful and completely inflexible.

12th December 2014

Would be better if you didn't get told to book appointments online all the time and then when you check there is nothing for the next 2 weeks! And your ring up and there's still no appointments, I understand drs have a lot of patients to see but you really wouldn't be wanting an appointment if you didn't ring them up! I've had a problem when i really needed an appointment and they get a doctor to ring you back and they refused to give me an appointment because I was told you've never had that problem before and they told me just get someone to get you painkillers, the previous night I was told to get a gp appointment the next day by the 111service! On other occasions they have been very helpful.