Stockett Lane Surgery

3 Stockett Lane, Coxheath, Maidstone, England, ME17 4PS

24th October 2019

I phoned up Stockett Lane surgery earlier today to request for a blood test, for a life long medical condition which needs monitoring every 3-6 months. After being in the queue for over half an hour, I was greeted by the receptionist, who quite honestly, sounded like she could not wait to go home. I explained that I was in need of a blood test, to which I was told I am too late to book and I have to phone back tomorrow morning. I am a night worker and therefore struggle to get through to the surgery during working hours - and the ridiculous rules and regulations this surgery follows is diabolical. Where is the flexibility? I dread to think how difficult it is for patients who work 9-5 and have an hours lunch break, the only time in the day to phone up the surgery, for it to be closed for lunch hour themselves. Not even a message can be left. Why is it named a ‘walk in clinic’ if I am unable to walk in and have my blood taken? I went into the surgery myself and spoke to the receptionist, who told me I do not need a blood test, the doctor has written in my notes that I need it annually. But my point is that I am feeling unwell and would like a check up of my levels, but I am not listened to. I have also had great issues with my prescription being sent to Lloyd’s pharmacy. I have spent countless times in the pharmacy and being told they do not have my prescription and it was not sent over. I understand the NHS is under stress, being an NHS worker myself - however this doctors surgery is beyond joke and *most* the receptionists lack people’s skills and simple manners.

4th June 2019

Phoned in to get an appointment for my child in the morning. Didn't get the now compulsory 'ring back' from triage, rang the surgery again, triage team had left for the day! Receptionist could see we were on the list, but couldn't see a reason why we hadn't been called. This new system doesn't work, you have to phone in the morning to get an appointment, you can't get ill in the afternoon, from the signs in the surgery you can't walk in to request an appointment, you have to phone in. Not great service.

17th April 2019

So far I have not visited the surgery in person since it merged with The Orchard Medical Practice. However my experience between October and February following major surgery was not good, with calls not returned and mistakes made sending samples for testing. I have not attempted to make an appointment recently as I understand you have to wait for up to an hour to get through on the phone to be then told there are none available. I do need to see a doctor but cannot face the hassle! As there is no N/A in the chart above I am unable to comment on the cleanliness of the surgery, so have selected a middle rating.

27th November 2018

Unfortunately not great experience today Saw a ‘nurse’ which turned out to be a health care assistant I guess. No introductions and no badge so still not sure. Unable to work equipment ,had to get help from student nurse (no badge again) Not able to give me enough details about my blood results to reassure me,told the doctor had not seen results yet even though they had been taken over 2 weeks ago! Took my blood pressure which seemed extremely high, nil done about that result, so hope I don’t have a stroke before I see doctor next. Stockett Lane this is not the only time you have sent me to a nurse who has turned out to be a health care assistant. It is misleading particularly when they do not have knowledge and ability to know what are normal parameters, and cannot answer questions or adequately trained to work equipment I am happy to discuss this further Also receptionists need to be mindful about their conversations...confidentiality

{{category}} working at Stockett Lane Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Stockett Lane Surgery: http://iwgc.net/ecbdd