Steyning Health Centre

Tanyard Lane, Steyning, W Sussex, England, BN44 3RJ

Also known as: Steyning Medical Practice

25th August 2015

Every time I have had to see a Doctor I cannot fault them, however getting to see them is a challenge. I don't like to take emergency/on the day appointments and although it is easy to make an appointment online I have never had to wait less than 3 weeks! I very rarely phone as I always seen to be made to feel guilty about wanting an appointment - just because it's not 'urgent' does not mean I do not want or need to see a GP. Equally on arrival, you are not often greeted by a smile - thank goodness for the self check in as then you don't have to 'disturb' a receptionist at all.

27th January 2016
Response from Steyning Health Centre

We were sorry to hear of your experience at Steyning Health Centre. We continue to monitor our appointment system and endeavor to improve our service to our patients through regular staff training and by assessing daily demand. We continually try different methods to improve access for patients and hope that these systems will help patients to be seen by the most appropriate clinician as quickly as we can. Please do contact the Assistant Practice Manager to discuss any concerns you may continue to have; we welcome any constructive feedback to help us to continue to improve.

1st August 2015

I have home visits and can't recommend my GP highly enough. However the receptionist with glasses, quite tall and with brown hair and seems to be on the phone most times I call happens to be one of the rudest people I know and shouldn't be dealing with the public which is clearly against her job description! She lets the surgery down and leaves you feeling like you've been a nuisance, she also doesn't pass on messages, this has happened 3 times! Many people feel this way too so it's not just me. If you go to book an appointment online, which is very easy, it's near on impossible to find an appointment with your named GP. The last time I tried it gave me a slot 5 weeks ahead. Not very helpful when you need urgent care.

27th January 2016
Response from Steyning Health Centre

Thank you for your feedback and we were sorry to hear of your experience at Steyning Health Centre. I was concerned to read your comments regarding our reception team. We have regular staff training on customer/patient care and services and I do hope that your experience has improved. Please do contact the Assistant Practice Manager if you do have any further concerns in relation to the care you receive so that we can continue to improve our service to patients. In relation to the appointments, we continue to look at different systems to try and improve access for patients. If a patient should need urgent care, we operate an Express Service which allows patients to be seen on the same day. This service is not available online and should you need an "on the day" appointment, please telephone the surgery direct where we will be able to arrange an appointment for you. The Express Service is available at the end of the morning and afternoon surgeries to give as much choice as possible. We endeavor to monitor the number of appointments we need to keep to help cover the demand of these surgeries and that can mean that our routine slots are reduced. We do however try to ensure that a patient can see a doctor within a week or two of contact for a routine matter, although we cannot always guarantee that it will be a doctor of the patient's choice. Not all of our doctors work full time and some of our doctors get extremely booked up very quickly. We do however continue to look at putting in extra sessions where we can to cover demand for routine appointments. We hope that our efforts will start to make access easier for patients. Thank you again for your feedback.

6th February 2015

Due to an illness I receive home visits. My GP is simply outstanding and involves me in every step of my treatment, he's a valued member of my health care. I can't recommend him highly enough

11th February 2015
Response from Steyning Health Centre

Thank you for your very kind comments about your GP. It is always heartening to receive commendation; they do try very hard to look after their patients and this gives them that extra lift. I am concerned that you seem to have only given one star to the staff and appointment system, yet you don't mention these. If you do have an issue you would like to raise do please let me know. Thank you. Paul Moss, Business Manager

15th October 2014