Steyning Health Centre

Tanyard Lane, Steyning, W Sussex, England, BN44 3RJ Also known as: Steyning Medical Practice 1 2 3 4 5 38 reviews

25th February 2021

THIS IS TO UPDATE AND REPLACE PREVIOUS REPORT FOR TWO REASONS 1. ADDITIONAL CLARIFICATION 2. WHEN FILLING IN THE FORM HERE - AND ANSWERING THE FOLLOWING QUESTION 'WHAT WE COULD HAVE DONE BETTER BOX' IT DOESNT SHOW UP WITH THAT IN THE REPORT - SO COMMENTS ARE OUT OF CONTEXT. THANK YOU I don't go to the doctors often and try and resolve problems myself, but after months of trying to resolve a severe skin condition in which my face had swollen and I now couldn't open my eyes fully, I finally phoned the doctors only to be told a doctor would not speak to me - I should go and see a pharmacist and until I had tried at least three different types of creams the doctor would not speak with me. I had a temperature of 40.1, BP of 125/77 and it was painful to even wear clothes. With my worsening condition the last thing I wanted to do was be amongst people nor waste time and money to address symptoms and not cause. I went private. Blood tests and consultations resolved the issue without any creams.

What could you have done better? 1. Have a doctor speak with me 2. Asked qualifying questions to check age, severity, duration, other symptoms, ability to access other services 3. Show you care and you are not just looking for excuses not to see people

25th February 2021

23rd February 2021

I don't go to the doctors often and try and resolve problems myself, but after months of trying to resolve a severe skin condition in which my face had swollen and I couldn't open my eyes fully, I finally phoned the doctors only to be told a doctor would not speak to me - I should go and see a pharmacist. Disgusted with the response and lack interest - I have since resolved the problem myself by going private.

1 - Spoken with a doctor 2 - Asked qualifying questions to check the sevrity, duration of the problem or whether it could have been something life threatening such as meningitis, covid etc.

23rd February 2021

13th February 2021

I feel I have to write this re 2 earlier reviews. Dr Sophie Galloway has literally saved my life on more than one occasion and the nonsense that has been said is absurd! Over the last 7 years I have had severe mental health and medical issues and without her compassion, empathy, time and always always availability to talk I most certainly would not be here today! She is so caring and goes out of her way to help. Please ignore the rubbish written earlier- she is a Saint.

Nothi g

Experience

{{category}} working at Steyning Health Centre ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Steyning Health Centre: http://iwgc.net/eb66y