Steyning Health Centre

Tanyard Lane, Steyning, W Sussex, England, BN44 3RJ Also known as: Steyning Medical Practice 1 2 3 4 5 41 reviews

8th September 2021

It has been so difficult to get a blood test, it has taken 3 weeks to get an appointment, when i have to have these monthly. You cannot book an advised appointment, which is ridiculous considering i have been having these since January 2020, and I cannot get a repeat prescription with out an up to date test. I do not work locally and I work through by lunch time. I was told by a member of staff that I should go to the hospital, which I am not near one and it already takes me 1hr to get to work. When I do get an appointment in the mornings, I have to make the time up at the end of the day and I do not get paid sick pay. Also I was told today that they are under staffed for many are on holiday, this is not my problem. Also, seven weeks ago my 19 year son was feeling suicidal and I told the receptionist at 8.30am I need help that minuet and I needed advise. I was just told that I would have to wait for a phone call, it was too late for my son later had taken an overdose and I ended up with in in A & E by 9.30am. The GP did finally rang me back at 1.45pm, for the receptionist had never passed on the message of why I had called and that it was an emergency. Anyway, all he could say that " oh well, it seems the hospital is the best place for you" and that was it. I am so disappointed with this surgery, the one thing I will say is that the nurses are great and very helpful and I cannot fault them, so well done to you ladies, however, the receptionist on the other hand are dreadful.

Start letting us making appointments, when I do come in and I am told that there are not many appointments, however, every time I come in, I am the only one in the surgery. Also, your receptionist are not nurses or GP's, they have got to stop letting people where the warrant an appointment or not. Or telling me that I cannot see the nurse for I do not have a form, when I do not need one. Also, when a GB is to call you back, make sure that they call you back on the same day. I have had it where they never called me back at all.

12th August 2021

I had a phone consultation with Dr. Galloway and I can honestly say I have never been spoken to by a doctor or any other physician in such a judgemental, patronising and rude way. Absolutely disgraceful tone and zero care. I hope I never have to deal with her again and will be looking for alternative care from a doctor who actually values and respects their patients.

Literally everything could have been done better. Terrible!

22nd April 2021

Dr Bennett provided excellent mental health care.

Followed up referral to ensure external service was provided.

25th February 2021

THIS IS TO UPDATE AND REPLACE PREVIOUS REPORT FOR TWO REASONS 1. ADDITIONAL CLARIFICATION 2. WHEN FILLING IN THE FORM HERE - AND ANSWERING THE FOLLOWING QUESTION 'WHAT WE COULD HAVE DONE BETTER BOX' IT DOESNT SHOW UP WITH THAT IN THE REPORT - SO COMMENTS ARE OUT OF CONTEXT. THANK YOU I don't go to the doctors often and try and resolve problems myself, but after months of trying to resolve a severe skin condition in which my face had swollen and I now couldn't open my eyes fully, I finally phoned the doctors only to be told a doctor would not speak to me - I should go and see a pharmacist and until I had tried at least three different types of creams the doctor would not speak with me. I had a temperature of 40.1, BP of 125/77 and it was painful to even wear clothes. With my worsening condition the last thing I wanted to do was be amongst people nor waste time and money to address symptoms and not cause. I went private. Blood tests and consultations resolved the issue without any creams.

What could you have done better? 1. Have a doctor speak with me 2. Asked qualifying questions to check age, severity, duration, other symptoms, ability to access other services 3. Show you care and you are not just looking for excuses not to see people

23rd February 2021

I don't go to the doctors often and try and resolve problems myself, but after months of trying to resolve a severe skin condition in which my face had swollen and I couldn't open my eyes fully, I finally phoned the doctors only to be told a doctor would not speak to me - I should go and see a pharmacist. Disgusted with the response and lack interest - I have since resolved the problem myself by going private.

1 - Spoken with a doctor 2 - Asked qualifying questions to check the sevrity, duration of the problem or whether it could have been something life threatening such as meningitis, covid etc.

Experience

{{category}} working at Steyning Health Centre ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Steyning Health Centre: http://iwgc.net/eb66y