st-richards-road-surgery

227 St Richards Road, Deal, Kent, CT14 9LF

Also known as: St Richard's Road Surgery

Dr S J T Williams and Partners

7th November 2017

Receptionists need to take a course in customer service ...an understanding approach would be nice, and with less arrogance. Quite dismissive. They act like they are doctors and own the place ...’well, then you need to call in the morning if it’s not urgent’ (in a condiscending voice). Building is great and very clean though.

8th June 2017

An excellent practice, the only problem is getting an appointment! I am aware that there is a shortage of GP's and this isn't the fault of the Practice. The receptionists are helpful and try their best. 10 minutes isn't enough time for a patient to explain their problem and for the GP to diagnose. That said, they do their best under difficult circumstances and the Drs. are always courteous and helpful, but you can tell they are under pressure to process as many patients as possible in a limited time.

8th May 2017

Having been to local minor injuries on a Sunday and referred to A&E to find a 6 hour waiting time I elected to return home and contact the surgery on Monday morning. Went in person to request a call back but was advised to wait at the surgery. Was seen by a practitioner within 20 minutes and a doctor 10 minutes later. By mid morning I had an xray locally, painkillers if needed, solid advice and waiting for referral to hospital. Professional, friendly and quality assistance and advice from receptionist, practitioner and doctor. Superb service.

4th June 2016

I do most things online and find it really easy to do all that I want. I've never needed an urgent appointment, but my wife has managed to get one on the day she asked, so I feel confident that , if necessary, I could do the same, even though it probably wouldn't be with my first choice (either of the Schulz doctors). Popular doctors are usually well booked up, so I have to wait, but I am blessed with generally good health for my age, so am happy to wait, having organised myself to request the appointment in good time. The receptionists are always delightful, both in person and on the phone, and will patiently and politely explain things. An excellent surgery and experience ever time I need it!

17th February 2016

Whilst on the occasions I have been able to see a GP I have been satisfied with their practice. However, trying to get an appointment is a real problem. The receptionist is not helpful and appears to be quite dismissive when I try to make an appointment. She has told me on several occasions that there is a three week waiting period to see a doctor , or phone in the morning to make an appointment. Similarly when I wished to see the Practice Nurse I was told there is none available for the foreseeable future. I had to eventually go to the Minor Injuries Unit at Deal Hospital where the treatment and service was brilliant.