Schopwick Surgery

Everett Court, Romeland, Elstree, Borehamwood, Herts England, WD6 3BJ

24th April 2017

Impossible to get through on the phone to get an appointment. This is a reccurent problem. I have had to walk to the surgery on my last three times of needing to make an appointment. This on very painfull legs. When asked what the remedy for this problem could be the receptionist just shrugged.

3rd September 2015

Impossible to get through on the phone - I find it quicker to drive from work 10miles away if I want to ask a question. Prescription ordering website never works properly and there is no support for sorting out problems, the receptionists don't know how it works either. Not open at weekends - please, please, please be open when those who work full time can come. I requested access to my own records in June, but despite asking at reception about this nothing has happened.

24th September 2014

17th June 2014

These views are mine and mine alone and are based on an experiance I have had with the surgery in the last week. Having been a patient of the surgery now for some 25 years I had been really impressed with the Doctors there, however as good as the service from the doctors is, the back up support from certain members of the back room staff leave a lot to be desired. I handed in a private medical form to be completed and the relevant documentation forwarded to my private medical company by them to enable me to gain quicker treatment then offered on the NHS. They were quick enough to take the extortionate fee of £50.00 to complete this and then told me it would take some 6 weeks to complete. During this time they even sent the medical company a bill for them sorting out the forms (disgusting, they could have sent the forms) Having been given the runaround today (having called on 3 seperate occasions and each time had to wait some 15 mins for an answer on the telephone). I managed to get through to someone who told me that the forms are now ready and will be sent out by post today. I asked to be kept advised of its departure, so I could check with my insurance company and once they had received the documents, I would attend the surgery and pay the £50.00 as I agreed I would. Around lunchtime today I received a call to say the the documents were ready for collection and I could pick them up. On attending to collect the forms I asked how much would be deducted for them not posting them out as they said they would (as this was costing me £50.00 which included postage), I was told there was no discount and I could take it or leave it. My overall view of the surgery has changed now as before I found ALL the staff there, Doctors and back room staff to be really helpful. This is now NOT the case as some of the back room staff need to go on man management courses to learn to treat their customers better. I know there is a charter that says all patients must respect the staff, unfortunately it appears that it doesn't matter if some members of staff don't respect the patients. Remember without the Patients there would be no practice.

22nd May 2014

It has been a long time since I came across a G.P surgery with cheerful eager to help receptionist, which is what I found here. I saw Rochelle, the practice nurse during my visit, and she was fantastic plus she was not lying when she told me she had gentle hands (I required two intramuscular injections). Keep up the good work, it was nice visiting you.