Sandhurst Group Practice

72 Yorktown Road, Sandhurst, Berkshire, GU47 9BT Also known as: Owlsmoor, 1 Cambridge Road, Sandhurst 1 2 3 4 5 83 reviews

16th October 2021

Used 2 mobiles on constant redial to get through to a queue. It took an eye watering 242 redials. Then waited another 25 minutes to talk to reception. On this occasion the Receptionist was polite. Previously they have been abrupt & rude. What has happened to this once great practice? In 18 months I've been allocated 3 different Doctors, this 1 is a Locum who works just 2 days a week. Family and friends are amazed when I speak about the poor service, they don't have these issues. If you are lucky enough to get an appointment be it on the phone, this can be in 3-6 weeks time! You have to practically beg to get a face to face appointment. The practice building is tired and dated. Things have to improve. Staff have to be more helpful. So disappointed in this practice ☹

Train receptionists properly so that phones are not only answered but they are also polite to the patients. Patient Access does not work as cannot order repeat prescriptions. Also their email service for repeats now is being checked & as its impossible to get through on the phone how do you expect patients to order their repeat prescriptions? Terrible.

9th October 2021

Iv been at this surgery for 15+ years and past 4 years it's been getting extremely hard to get an appointment or even speak to a doctor, something needs to change quick as it's putting mine&other people's health at risk

The reception staff rude, as for is surgery clean I would not, it's been over 20months since iv been in their, as IF IM LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET THROUGH ON PHONE my appointment has been over phone, even since the rest of world getting back to normal, its a utter joke and dangerous

Rating not given.
8th October 2021

Impossible to get an appointment, often waiting over an hour to get through to reception!

Get more GP's

8th October 2021

I moved to the area last year and registered with this practice being it was my closest. I did my research and reviews were not great but thought you to give them a chance. Worse decision I could of done. This practice has to be the most unprofessional and disorganised doctors surgery I have ever used. The practice is so dated and looks like back in the 70s. Let’s start with my first experience - you can never get through. One day I attempted over 90+ times as it is constantly engaged. No function to hold or wait to be spoken to. When I found a lump in my breast I needed an urgent appointment. I had to plead with reception team to see me. Once seen they advised a 2 week urgent appointment would be arranged with the breast department. This never happened and they lost my referral 3 times!! I had to keep chasing. The GP also asked me to get a blood test arranged with reception when I came out of my appointment. The receptionist was due to go home and had her coat on. She shouted to someone and said can they deal with HER at reception!! I mean just so unprofessional. They have 2 practices over 2 sites. Constantly saying they have no doctors to cover. My opinion close one practice and put al resources into one.

All the above.

5th October 2021

This surgery has now become an utter joke!!! 2-3 years ago when Simon Brown was there, this surgery was the best in the area - it could not be faulted. What has gone wrong? No one seems to care anymore. No wonder patients are leaving and changing doctors. It is now impossible to see a doctor - I still do not know who my doctor actually is!!! I am nearly 82 years old, but am very,very disappointed with the system at Yorktown Road. When is it going to improve?

Just see the above and comments from other patients.

Experience

{{category}} working at Sandhurst Group Practice ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Sandhurst Group Practice: http://iwgc.net/ejh8f