Portsoy Medical Practice

16 Seafield Terrace, Portsoy, Banff, Scotland, AB45 2GB

11th May 2018

Does this Medical 'Health' Practise get any better? 'Nope!' For one, receptionists seem to think that they are more important than the patients, and that in this surgery they are all powerful! i.e. can perform a diagnosis, refuse to let you see a Doctor, or Nurse, no matter your state of health or health history! My partner who has a life-threatening brain illness and other serious medical conditions, was in Agony yesterday, had been for 3 days, all she wanted was to see a Doc. or Nurse, she was told NO, and to come back next day! She was at the surgery after NHS 24 told me to get her there! I am beginning to wonder, what is the purpose of this surgery is in 2018!!!

9th February 2018

It is a shame that the practice is really struggling now that Dr Beg has left. He was a great doctor and was very understanding.He also showed acommitment towards his work and fulfilled his oath to treat patients correctly. I am very grateful to him as if it hadn’t been for him I would not have made it.

9th February 2018

I was really happy with the service especially how Dr Beg helped my son during his illness. He was very knowledgeable,kind and professional.

7th December 2017

I know things are difficult at the moment but we have lost a number of professionals from our surgeries making the rest work harder. I don’t know why we don’t have the staff we need but I think one of the reasons could be that they don’t like the harsh weather, another, the remoteness, it’s not easy if you’re not used to it. If I hadn’t had the intervention of the medical staff at Portsoy I don’t kno if I would still be here today, I thank them so very much.

Rating not given.

17th November 2017

I recently attended what was loosely referred to as a 'Health Review.' In fact it turned out to be a practise nurse's interpretation of the word 'Health!' Having been hospitalised in the recent past with two strokes, I asked Why Stroke or effects of, had not been mentioned/discussed by surgery health professionals in the half a dozen surgery visits since over approx. 4 yrs. I was told 'I was being treated!' I asked again, a similar answer was given, on my third try, I was asked 'Did you not hear me and what I said?' My weight was taken ( I am Not overweight) on referring to this fact, I was told 'Weight doesn't matter!' My B.P. was taken (after winding me up) 3 times in the space of 5 mins, of course it was higher than it should have been! I was asked the few routine questions that couldn't be avoided like 'Do you smoke?' 'Do you drink? How's your appetite? But the question that never gets asked, never got asked again : Do You Take Drugs? Quite odd, the question is never asked, considering Drugs in my lowly opinion especially illegal drugs we are led to believe will steadily ruin your Health and shorten your life. In conclusion I was treated with disrespect for approx. 20 mins. My General health was of very little consequence. No wonder people are self-medicating! There was No hint whatsoever of humour during the appt. which may have alleviated the situation somewhat. I my opinion which doesn't seem to count for much, this surgery has only one direction to go onwards and upwards, it can't go lower!

{{category}} working at Portsoy Medical Practice ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Portsoy Medical Practice: http://iwgc.net/eb6lq