Portcullis Surgery

Portcullis Lane, Ludlow, Shropshire, England, SY8 1GT

18th April 2019

After five years of having a heart attack I have refused blood tests and the doctor said that was fine. But again this year I received a letter about having a review and a blood test. I again refused the blood tests and did agree I would have a review with a doctor. But the rude receptionist (Tish) said oh no you have to have a review and blood tests with a nurse. Or you won’t get your repeat prescription. So I told the receptionist I would be stopping all my medication. Which is what I have. I have previously offered to sign a disclaimer to say I didn’t want blood test. I think it’s unfair that I don’t get a say in what I want. The reception staff was rude. Portcullis surgery do not ask me to contact the practice manager as a email was sent to her and she couldn’t even be bothered to reply along with another being sent to reception again no reply. I was on beta blockers and the nhs and British heart foundation say you have to be wean off these and not just stop them. Which was put into the email to the practice manager. No one from the surgery have been in contact about this. So where is portcullis surgery’s quality of care to patients here then??? I’m not refusing to see a doctor for a review but I am not having blood tests nor seeing a nurse

30th July 2018

I had an appointment with one of the nurses for an annual check up and raised a matter about an unusual mole on my arm which had changed shape and colour. The nurse checked it and advised making an appointment with one of the doctors as soon as possible. I was impressed in that Dr Sanders made a thorough examination and recommended that the mole should be investigated at a dermatology clinic. Following minor surgery at Hereford hospital, and a check up, I have now been given the all clear. That is the NHS at its best.

4th May 2016

I am really impressed with this GP surgery. The reception staff have always been very helpful and done their best to help me with emergency doctor appointments on a couple of occasions. The telephone consultation service is also useful when advice is needed. I would definitely recommend this surgery to anyone looking to register with a doctor.

Efficiency

Caring

Nursing staff

31st July 2012

Its okay. Reception staff are occasionally abrupt, but on the whole pretty good. Nurses at the practice are always friendly, caring & highly professional. Booking appointments can be problematic at times.

{{category}} working at Portcullis Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Portcullis Surgery: http://iwgc.net/ecdkc