Pitsmoor Surgery

151 Burngreave Road, Sheffield, England, S3 9DL

5th August 2018

Can't really fault the excellent service. The NHS only suffers due to the usual Global Mafia troubles.

6th July 2017

Doctors don't return calls . You have to keep ringing up and repeat your request .

13th April 2017

Following a cervical screening two weeks ago with a practice nurse I have been referred to Jessops hospital for a colposcopy, during this appointment I spoke to a professor regarding troubles I was having over the past year that I had voiced a few times to my GP and practice nurses. After my examination I was told that the problem was due to my contraceptive pill and to make a appointment with my GP to review another option. Simple. Currently I'm terrified as I've had a year of irregular bleeding for a year and now been referred for biopsies due to abnormal findings on my cervical screening. I phoned pitsmoor surgery. Spoke to a receptionist and without going into too much detail, for confidential reasons, I explained that I would like to make an appointment with my GP for a contraception review/change. I was informed, although aware, of the drop in service however I was taking advice from my gynaecology professor and asked to see a GP due to having ongoing current problems. The receptionist would not make me a appointment and told me to come to the drop in. Given the circumstances and my occupation I have found it difficult to get to these drop in clinics as I work 12 hours shifts. The next Wednesday I had off is in 3 weeks time, which seems like too far away given I'd been advised to see my GP and stop taking my current medication. The drop in service would not guarantee I would see a GP but a practice nurse, who I mentioned earlier, during my cervical screening the practice nurse would not change my medication and told me to book a GP appointment as well. Fair enough. Again the receptionist would not make me an appointment when I informed her of this. Just told me to come to drop in service. I appreciate this service is in place and very grateful for what the doctors and nurses do at pitsmoor surgery. I just do not think a receptionist should have to be told all your confidential information in order to make a GP appointment for such a sensitive subject or even refuse to make an appointment at all. I don't feel I've been supported by my GP practice during this time.

15th December 2016

For me it is the combination of a genuinely caring service and a welcoming, user friendly building. The website is great: building on that I think we need to permanently showcase the positive work we do as a community, in the surgery so more people have the chance to see the good work, participate and feel/be included. I see the 'community' as being all stakeholders in the practice, l.e. including patients, staff, volunteers etc. I think it means a cultural shift that the wider medical profession and it's users are maybe not quite ready to entertain but I think if we want to shift from a patriarchal medical culture to a culture of greater self responsibility for our health, then it needs to happen. I envisage a holistic medical community noticeboard in the main reception area populated by anyone involved in the practice including users. I do not know who would have the time and resources to manage this, maybe the PPg.

6th December 2016