Owlsmoor

1 Cambridge Road, Owlsmoor, Sandhurst, England, GU47 0UB

4th July 2018

I was on holiday a couple of weeks ago and realised I had forgotten my medication for my heart. I went into the Boots in Matlock where an extremely helpful pharmacist contacted Owlsmoor to arrange a repeat prescription for me. It was arranged within half an hour and the prescription sent to Worksop which was the nearest chemist open. This service was brilliant. On checking your practice online the pharmacist informed me that Owlsmoor had only been awarded a one star rating. On reading the reviews and experiencing all the mentioned comments myself, I can agree with this rating. My family have been with Sandhurst group Practice for over forty years and it used to be so good. We used to brag about it to our families in Bracknell who had very bad service. Now the tables have really turned!!! The service provided is appalling and the receptionists are so rude and uncaring and very unprofessional. Something really bad is going to happen to someone who cannot see a doctor when they need to. What is a shame is the doctors themselves are excellent, but because of stupid rules and regulations no-one can see them!!! PULL YOUR FINGER OUT AND GET IT SORTED BEFORE SOMEONE DIES. Proper training in social skills and re-organisation is required.

25th June 2018

I called the surgery to make an on the day appointment to see my GP a couple of weeks ago . When I eventually got through to the receptionist I was informed that I had been allocated a new doctor in a different practice and that Dr Moodly had left. I was shocked as I have been a patient of Dr Moodly's since 2010. I asked the receptionist why I had not been informed, and asked if a letter had been sent out. I was extremely surprised to hear that the surgery had not sent out letters to any of Dr Moodly's patients nor did they call patients to explain they were being allocated a different GP/ different practice. According to the receptionist they put up posters in the surgery itself and also on the website. I wonder who made the decision against informing patients by letter, e mail or post ?? and instead thought it was sufficient to put up a poster instead ? How is it logical to assume that people spend their time visiting doctors waiting rooms or surgery websites on the off chance a notice informing people of a change should be being displayed ??? I'm very disappointed as the surgery showed a distinct lack of judgement in my opinion, I feel like the surgery should have made more of an effort to let patients know what was happening and given those patience in question some kind of option in relation to the surgery they were to be allocated, and if they were allocated a male or female GP at the very least. Not only this but the receptionist dealing with my call was quite rude. Overall I feel that the surgery's poor customer service is a real shame as Dr Moodly was our family doctor and we thought he was a fantastic doctor.

6th June 2018

The receptionists at this surgery are totally incompetent and I refuse to deal with them any more,I believe their bad practises will be responsible for deaths eventually,I have no confidence in how the surgery is run,and could be a factor explaining why doctors keep leaving.

23rd May 2018

Owlsmoor is the worst surgery I have ever used. You can never get an appointment unless you can wait weeks and when Dr Moodley left who was a fantastic doctor me, my husband and my young family were moved to the Sandhurst surgery without being told and we only live around the corner from Owlsmoor it’s now a long walk if you are not well. I have family who live opposite the Sandhurst surgery but they have a doctor at the owlsmoor surgery! Receptionists talk to you as if you are a idiot if you can ever get through on the phone. I certainly would never recommend the Owlsmoor surgery to anyone.

1st December 2017

I find it almost impossible to attain the most simple appointments and repeat prescriptions, which is of no fault of the doctors. Having to cue on a phone call at 8 in the morning every-time you need an appointment, or actually turning up until they give you one seems to be the only way, as booking in advance is guaranteed a 3 month wait. I feel let down by the service and care of the surgery, as most people are already in a vulnerable condition if they need a medical appointment in the first place.

{{category}} working at Owlsmoor ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Owlsmoor: http://iwgc.net/ecg2p