Old School Surgery

Church Street, Seaford, E Sussex, England, BN25 1HH

Also known as: Old School Surgery Inc Alfriston & Eastdean

« 1 2 3 4 »

11th July 2015

This is an outstanding surgery where the Doctors and Nurses are experienced and caring. The staff are also extremely helpful. The premises are always very clean and the quiet background music results in a pleasant calming ambience. It is a pity that the car park can no longer be used for patients, other than two disabled spaces, but this appears to have been unavoidable due to the use of "portacabins" needed to accommodate the continued increase in patient numbers. If one makes a specific request to see their own Doctor then the wait can be up to two weeks which is disappointing but it would appear unavoidable due to a very full appointment book. One can ,of course, elect to see another Doctor in a shorter time although patients usually prefer to deal with the person who "knows all about them".

22nd July 2015
Response from Old School Surgery

Thank you for your comments about our service and staff. We are very pleased that you found your recent contact with us satisfactory. The parking is an ongoing issue for patients but unfortunately due to the portakabins being in full use everyday by clinical staff we cannot see that this will change in the very near future but we are constantly working on it!!

9th July 2015

Having not needed to visit the GP for a number of years and reading about all the problems in the NHS I expected getting an emergency appointment to be a struggle. This was far from the case at the Old School Surgery. Not only were the reception staff excellent they arranged an emergency appointment for me less than two hours later. By mid morning the doctor who took great interest in my sudden serious back complaint had seen me and helped me to get back on my feet. Unfortunately the following night I reacted badly to some of the medication prescribed and again needed to contact the surgery by phone soon after opening asking if one of the doctors could contact me to give some advice. Reception staff were again very professional and informed me that one of the doctors would call after morning surgery. Less than 20 minutes later and well before 10am my GP called and spent time discussing the issues I had encountered. I'm not one usually to give feedback in this form of media, however the service provided by all the staff at the surgery has been outstanding and they should be very proud at the service they provide.

22nd July 2015
Response from Old School Surgery

Thank you for your feedback. The staff will be very pleased with your compliments of them and our service

26th January 2015

The doctors, nurses and administrators are all very professional and helpful. They are friendly and make me feel that they really care about my husband's well-being. As my husband's carer, I sometimes have to make decisions on his behalf and my doctor has always been ready to discuss this and advise me appropriately. It is not an easy role but I feel that my doctor supports me and that other staff are always willing to listen. I also find that staff are meticulous about ringing me to advise of prescription changes, necessary repeat health checks etc. This means that I trust my surgery to do the very best they can for my husband. I am very grateful for the caring service my surgery offers. I only have one criticism which is to do with the practicalities of disabled parking at the surgery. There are only 2 spaces available at the front of the site since the surgery closed its main car park to patients. These allocated 'disabled parking' spaces are much too close together and are bounded by the surgery wall on one side and an iron gate folded back against the street wall on the other. It is very difficult to extract a disabled person who lacks flexibility from a car whose door can only be opened a little in order to avoid hitting the car parked in the adjoining space. It is also impossible to bring a wheelchair from the boot of one's car around to the passenger seat as there is not enough room if two cars are parked. When my husband was wheelchair bound, this often caused me difficulty and distress which just added to my burden. I very much hope this issue can be addressed - perhaps by designating some disabled spaces in the main car park?

22nd July 2015
Response from Old School Surgery

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our practice. We fully appreciate that the parking is an issue for our patients which is due to the portakabins being housed in the car park area at the back of the building. We do have to parking areas at the front of the building which are not designated disabled parking but do tend to be used by our disabled patients. This parking area is a drop off area and can house one disabled car for parking. Our staff too are also affected by the parking restriction in that they also have to park off premises.

16th December 2014

9th December 2014

Staff are friendly, caring and dedicated to providing a very good service at all times. We notice an occasional inability to secure an appointment with our dedicated GP but are always able to consult with a member of staff.

« 1 2 3 4 »

{{category}} working at Old School Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Old School Surgery: http://iwgc.net/ece2q