Old School Surgery

Church Street, Seaford, E Sussex, England, BN25 1HH

Also known as: Old School Surgery Inc Alfriston & Eastdean

« 1 2 3 4 »

19th October 2016

Today has been a bad day. I had to take my 3 year old daughter to a&e Brighton. We were there from 2.30 ish till around 6am annoyingly the prescription the dr wrote was for the hospital pharmacy. I decided not to wait around till 9am when it opened. I was exsulted and I just wanted to get my poorly girl home. After a nap my daughter and I went to the dr surgery to see if there was a possibility for the dr to put the prescription on a normal one so I could go to a normal pharmacy. As Teagan is not well enough for me to take her on the bus to Brighton from Seaford. The receptionist was very lovely and helpful she made it clear that she would talk to the duty dr but didn't see a problem. At around 4pm I hadn't heard anything so decided to call the surgery. The lady I spoke to on the phone was quite abrupt and unhelpful. Telling me that nothing was on the system and that normally it could take 12 days to be issued. I tried to explain the situation of what happened. She ended up saying she will look into it. But she certainly didn't seem like she would. I tried to be able to get an appointment to see the dr which yes would be a waste but we need that medicine. I don't exactly spend the morning in a&e for the fun of it. Teagan missed nursery and I missed work. It's going to be very annoying if I have to take another day off when there was certainly no need for it. In the past the old school doctors has been fantastic very helpful. The doctors and nurses are always very helpful. I've always told friends and family that it's the best dr surgery but today really made me feel sad. Really sorry that I had to make a negative feedback.

10th August 2016

The receptionists are rude. Some of the health care assistants and nurses are sarcastic, not very understanding, they seem to be annoyed that you are there for an appointment and never run on time. They have also refused treatment even when the GP has told the patient that they can have it. On a good note the GPs that I have met are very helpful, polite, and make you feel like you matter and they understand how you are feeling.

24th November 2015

14th July 2015

A wonderfully relaxed and pleasant atmosphere, friendly and highly competent staff, very good comms. Thanks.

22nd July 2015
Response from Old School Surgery

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback which is very much appreciated

14th July 2015

The first thing that strikes you about Old School is the impressively calm and relaxed atmosphere they have created in the reception and waiting area. Unlike the stressful aural disaster zones that a lot of GP surgeries have become, Old School is blissfully free of extraneous customer relations gadgets. No unintelligible computer announcements, tinny music, raffle ticket dispensers, flat screens and receptionists shouting at you from behind glass screens here. Instead, the receptionists are friendly and efficient, the waiting areas comfortable and the medical practitioners simply come out of their rooms to call you in. The calm and personable atmosphere is continued into your medical care. All the nurses and doctors that have treated me have been highly competent, very personable and (most importantly) caring. A difficult trick to pull off in today's overstretched GP practices. The doctors are happy to enter into discussion about treatments, options, concerns etc. Referrals are done efficiently and communication is very good. The standard of in-house phlebotomy is also, thankfully, very good. The prescription/repeat prescription service works well, scripts can go straight to the chemist of your choice if you wish and repeat prescriptions can be requested on-line. My grateful thanks to all at Old School, I wish I didn't have to use the services of a GP as often as I do at the moment but I am very glad I chose Old School surgery as my general practice.

22nd July 2015
Response from Old School Surgery

Thank you very much for your comments about our practice and service. We have always tried to provide something different at Old School Surgery and your comments certainly support our approach. Thank you

« 1 2 3 4 »

{{category}} working at Old School Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Old School Surgery: http://iwgc.net/ece2q