Old Cottage Hospital Surgery

Alexandra Road, Epsom, Surrey, England, KT17 4BL Also known as: ICP 1 2 3 4 5 158 reviews

15th May 2021

I get the sense that this surgery do not want people to be able to easily book appointments, get medication or contact the surgery. The worst thing is the Integrated Care Website (https://integratedcarepartnership.nhs.uk/), that does not allow you too book an appointment online, send a message, or request medication when the surgery is not open. It literally says 'this [online] form is not available outside of working hours.' Horrible experience. They have also removed access to LIVI saying 24 hour care is now available elsewhere, but without saying where to find it.

Experience
17th November 2020

My GP surgery has been sooooo helpful to me during this Covid-19 pandemic, I am extremely grateful for all their constant and speedy support. The online service is very easy to use and their response is always almost immediate. I am very lucky to belong to such caring GP surgery. Thank You all.

I cannot think of any issue at present

Experience
19th March 2020

Due to the covid19 outbreak the surgery shut. The phone lines were still open for booking phone appointments with a doctor, but it took 20 minutes for someone to answer. The online appointment booking app has not been changed to reflect the appointments are now phone only, but closed completely, which has led to the long wait times for phone appointments. All that is needed to relieve this, would be a simple change in wording on the booking app stating "bookings with a doctor are for phone consultations only, please put your phone number in the box labelled 'reason for visit' ". This would then leave the receptionists free for booking blood tests, visits, answering phones or other essential work.

2nd March 2020

If you Enjoy spending 30 minutes on hold just to be hung up on then it's great. If you are actually trying to get an appointment then it's not brilliant . Spent 2 hours on the phone on hold, after about 20 minutes i can hear them pick the phone up and just hanging up straight away.

24th February 2020

Had a Blood test appointment at the Old Cottage Hospital this morning. I got checked in 5 minutes early by the receptionist who initially had difficulty finding my name. After waiting 15 minutes I asked another receptionist if I could read out my blood pressure reading I took from home with her as advised by my GP. This caused too much confusion and I was advised to instead use a machine locally near reception. After doing this I asked if my name was called out and I was informed I was not checked in and who did I see upon arrival. This was asked by the receptionist who checked me in and then went on to verify she has remembered me! This all resulted in a DNA (did not attend) entry being recorded on my patient file, which I was informed could not be amended - even though it was a receptionist error and not mine! I then had to wait for the next available slot. If that all wasn't bad enough I then got told by the nurse, before taking my blood tests, that my records show I am not due for another 3 months from today when in fact I am due now and had a card from my GP to prove it. This took some discussions before I was reluctantly seen and my blood taken. All in all, a very bad experience not to mention extended time I had to take away from work today. Next time I will check myself in using the self check in machine and not trust the receptionists as that seems to be the only full proof way to ensure I not get a DNA when in fact I am early and waiting in the waiting room.

{{category}} working at Old Cottage Hospital Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Old Cottage Hospital Surgery: http://iwgc.net/ecakb