Nutwood Medical Practice

Grange Health Centre, Kents Bank Road, Grange over Sands, Cumbria, LA11 7DJ 1 2 3 4 5 2,124 reviews

24th November 2022

Prompt responses to all requests. Polite and helpful receptionist.

Nothing.

28th October 2022

Absolutely fantastic service. Contacted the practice on behalf of my daughter who is registered there and was really quite poorly. Used the online Ask My GP service and it was as good as they promised on the telephone message. GP in touch and dealt with problem within 20 minutes of my initial contact. Prescription sent electronically to pharmacy. Pharmacy at Asda not as good - as got there and pharmacy shut (4pm Friday afternoon) "Due to unforseen circumstances". Back in touch with Nutwood and prescription redirected to next nearest pharmacy. Well done Team Nutwood - a credit to the NHS and the local community is very lucky.

Nothing to improve based on today's experience

Rating not given.
Rating not given.
11th October 2022

There have been so many changes of desk staff, that there is now only one I recognise (and she, pleasant as ever). With no full-time doctors, one apparently cannot specify whom one sees and for no apparent reason and against common sense, the custom of a receptionist accessing an appointments diary and offering a date and time when asked has been abandoned. It all gives the patient the impression that it is really most inconvenient of him/her to want an appointment at all. I have spoken to another practice about this 'system' and was met with incredulity.... a state of mind in which I continually find myself in relation to the way in which the practice is managed. The management team is very big, but that seems to be its only positive attribute. I have no problem with the medical staff.

I was about to reply to a missed call (no voicemail left) when I was texted with an appointment "at Flookburgh or Grange". As I am normally seen at Grange, I turned up there well on time and registered on the appropriate screen. After 20 minutes, someone came to find me and said I should be at Flookburgh. I went home, got my car and drove there. The receptionist there told me that I had been expected to ring. She did not say why. As the doctor was a locum, he could not comment. No apology was offered for my inconvenience. It was treated (except by the doctor) as though it were all my own fault. Why the text message cannot be specific I do not know. Nor do I understand a screen system that accepts me at the wrong venue!

17th May 2022

The service I received was first class. Made contact via ask my GP and received telephone call without delay. The receptionist was pleasant and efficient and Dr Akimbo was absolutely excellent. I have been suffering with the same complaint for some time and was anxious that something serious might be missed. He arranged further tests and even made a follow up call to check on my welfare. Whatever the outcome,I am very grateful to him for his professionalism and consider him an excellent doctor.

Nothing.

28th April 2022

Having lived in quite a few places during my 61 years of life, and being unfortunate enough to suffer more than my fair share of medical issues, I have wide experience of health centres and doctors' surgeries. But since moving to Grange-over-Sands during the Covid lockdown of early 2021, I have been blown away by the efficiency, friendliness and effectiveness of the Nutwood Medical Practice. Any medical issues raised via the AskMyGP app (or sometimes over the phone) are always responded to swiftly - sometimes within the hour, by a doctor, offering to see us, if necessary, the same day. In the case of my ageing mother, Dr Allan has twice dropped everything to visit her, even though I am quite sure that in other areas we would have had to wait days just to speak to a doctor on the phone. The Practice was open throughout the Covid crisis and whilst some aspects of healthcare were obviously restrictive, the staff never once let the crisis get in the way of needed healthcare (unlike the area from were we moved last year). In fact, the way that the Practice came together with local volunteers to handle the various waves of Covid vaccinations, such that elderly residents did not have to travel away from Grange, is worthy of particular praise. The Practice is fortunate to have a modern and spacious building to operate from, but it takes much more than bricks and mortar to provide good, clean, efficient healthcare services. Operationally, the Practice appears to be run like the most efficient of businesses, with the attitude and obviously good moral among the medical team and staff making what might otherwise be a stressful healthcare visit a pleasure in most instances. In an ideal world, all the UK's medical practices would be like Nutwood, but amid the chaos of poorly-managed doctors' surgeries experienced in person and anecdotally among friends and family elsewhere, I consider myself very fortunate to live within the catchment area of the Nutwood Medical Practice. Well done Team Nutwood :)

In an attempt at humour, I was going to say that it would be nice to have tea and biscuits served whilst in the waiting room, but then I realised that I have never had to wait long enough to be able to finish a cup of tea!

Experience

{{category}} working at Nutwood Medical Practice ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Nutwood Medical Practice: http://iwgc.net/ecase