Newbold Verdon Medical Practice

St George's Close, Newbold Verdon, Leicester, England, LE9 9PZ

Also known as: Market Bosworth Surgery

10th February 2016

Myself and my family have been patients at this practice since moving here from Yeovil, Somerset in 1997, we have never had cause for complaint, in fact the opposite is true, the reception staff are mostly kind and courteous, Barbara and Debbie especially do their very bet to fit you in, obviously this is not always possible, it's understandable that this busy practice does its absolute best to fit you in on the day, if you call in the morning and they're full more often than not if you call again after lunch you will be seen on the day. I have heard these ladies getting verbal abuse at times and would have intervened, but there was no reasoning with the young lady in question, and I felt I may well have inflamed the situation, but there was no need, the receptionist handled it with the utmost respect to the patient, but this sort f behaviour seems commonplace these days, people should maybe stop for a minute and think these ladies are just trying to do their best for you, sometimes under very difficult situations and deserve RESPECT. I myself see Dr Spaul on a regular basis and I must say she has helped me through some really difficult times, but has always explained everything to me in a way I understand, I suffer with pain and have been referred to Pain Management at the General Hospital where again I have been treated really well. Indeed I have only praise for Dr Spaul and everyone at the practice, we are all too quick off the mark to complain when things go wrong and far too quick to lay the blame, but really not quick enough to give praise when it's due, we seem to live in times where common courteousy has taken a " back seat " as such. All I can say now is thank God for our truly amazing NHS where would we be without it !

9th February 2016

We moved here 18 years ago, I have never had a problem at the surgery, Debbie and Barbara have always gone out of their way to help with any concerns, and from what I can gather treat EVERY patient with the utmost care and respect. My health has deteriorated over the past 2 years both Dr Spaul and Dr King have ensured I have received top quality care, I have been referred on to Consultants mainly at Leicester General Hospital, and again the dare has been outstanding, we are all so quick to criticise when things go wrong but not quick enough to praise when praise is due. I would like to thank everyone at Newbold Surgery, you all do a fantastic job.

1st February 2016

I did a request for a prescription first thing on a Monday, I was told it would be available to collect Thurs! How is this within 48 working hours as you state?

24th January 2016

I was seen by Cath Jamieson Practise Nurse last week. My toes looked like battered sausages, they itched like a hundred ants running over them. Cath was fabulous, she prescribed the medication I needed, advised on what to do next to get better. She wrote it all down in list form for me to take away with me. Today my feet look like unbatter sausages, my feet have started to stop itching, Hurray I am on the mend. THANK YOU.

Rating not given.

19th January 2016

I very rarely visit the doctors, however on the couple of occasions I have, I have found the reception staff at Market Bosworth particularly unhelpful, one in particular is downright rude. I see other feedback mentioning someone brusque and cutting you off mid-sentence and this was my experience too. A receptionist should at least have the ability to 'listen' to a patient. An error has been made with my treatment and yet no apology was offered and I was made to feel an absolute nuisance. I have also had experience of the staff at the Newbold surgery as my daughter is registered there and their staff couldn't be more helpful. Perhaps they could share their good practice with their colleagues in Market Bosworth?