Newbold Verdon Medical Practice

St George's Close, Newbold Verdon, Leicester, England, LE9 9PZ

Also known as: Market Bosworth Surgery

16th June 2017

thank you to the receptionists and the lady in pharmacy. amazing team.

1st June 2017

Excellent surgery, I moved to this area two years ago and have been impressed by the quality of service Market Bosworth surgery provides. The ease of getting appointments, the friendliness of doctors, nurses and receptionists and the excellent care I have received has made me the healthiest I have ever been, thank you very much

17th May 2017

A friendly, helpful practice. Very clean. Good doctors and nurses. Lovely receptionists. No radio music in reception, which is great!

4th May 2017

I am becoming quite dismayed when my condition causes me severe problems , I feel that the Doctors do not understand and treat me as someone who knows nothing. It is blatantly obvious at times that the attitude of " I'm the Doctor and you know nothing " comes to the fore. I live with my condition day in day out and I do understand what it is doing to me !!! I was sure of having a bacterial infection and when I asked about antibiotics I was told "We don't normally give them for that " Really ?? However I did get them after pushing the point and yes they are making a huge difference. The downside is that I cannot continue my normal meds until the infection is cleared and for a GP to try and push me further down that road is dangerous. My understanding from my Consultants is that the GP is there to provide me with the support I need to manage my condition. Sometimes this is not very evident, I appreciate that the subject is a Specialist related but I do telephone the hospital for advice prior to any Surgery Visit. Please , please take note.

4th May 2017

The only complaint I have relates to the waiting time for appointments. Morning blood tests are fine but try and see a GP in the afternoon/evening (I can't comment on AM appointments as I don't make them) and you're waiting for 20+ minutes beyond your appointment time, perhaps some communication from reception staff on arrival would allow you to decide if you want to/are able to stay to wait for appointment. The service I have received from reception staff, nurses and doctors throughout has been excellent, they are all helpful, supportive and appear to want the best for you. Dr Benton was recommended to me, his 'bedside manner' may be different to other GP's I've visited in the past, however, knowing this further appointments have been very positive as I have adapted to his personality and witty humour.