New Dover Road Surgery

10 New Dover Road, Canterbury, England, CT1 3AP 1 2 3 4 5 15 reviews

3rd July 2020

I have been a patient at the New Dover Road Surgery since 2012 and I would like to recommend them. At the moment, during the Covid pandemic, I visit the surgery twice I week to see one of the nurses. I believe I have seen all the nurses over the years and they are all kind and extremely professional. I have also seen all the GPs over the past eight years, I miss Dr McWilliams, who has retired. The doctors I see most often now are Dr Mulvihill and Dr Fahy. I am happy to see anyone but as I have many things wrong with me it helps if I can see someone who knows my problems. Lately all GP appointments have been by telephone. Like any GP's surgeries, they are busy and it is not always easy to see a particular doctor but they seen to have a system that allows urgent problems to be dealt with promptly. For less urgent appointments we may wait a little longer.

2nd December 2019

I am sick of the substandard care of the older generation in the surgery and hospital and Social services I've seen with my own eyes and had terrible care from all these services I am absolutely sick of the getting barely any care from the Health Service Doctors and terrible nursing staff carers brought in from abroad that steal from patients and a Social Service who think they are a law unto themselves and failing in the commits to patients they are suppose to care for I was left for 1month without any help or food I wasnt well enough to feed myself and a health department that sanction all of this under the heading of the NHS in this country the NHS HAS NEVER BEEN SO BAD. Jennifer Wheeler patient at this surgery and moving on.

6th March 2018

Again my appointment with nurse and doctor was pleasant, convenient and helpful - particularly the opportunity to talk to the doctor whom I found charming and positive. Again I had a sense of teamwork and coordination between staff and the electronic check-in proved simple and easy there being no need to do more than check in for the first of my two appointments. The child-friendly waiting room with its animal and insect mural is amusing while an onscreen display addresses more adult concerns and interests.

29th November 2016

This is a very good surgery all the doctors are excellent, the only problem is getting to see a Doctor, as appointments are hard to get, unless it is an emergency. I know it is a big ask but it would be nice to be able to see the same Doctor each time especially when they are treating you for a certain condition, as you would then have continuity. Some of the receptionist need more training in people skills and understanding of patient care.

31st January 2016

I like the fact that there is a place to talk quietly to the receptionist if you want to. GP receptionists have a bad press but the ones in this practice are courteous and helpful.

{{category}} working at New Dover Road Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review New Dover Road Surgery: http://iwgc.net/eb8um